Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dirty Leeds vs. Blackburn

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When I was a kid, and everyone took their homework to school in a Division 1 team schoolbag, I 'followed' the dirty. My little bro (age 52) still does. He writes angry letters to the Leeds board and local Leeds newspapers. He lives, as he always has done, in Hove :lolol:. Sentimental old fool.

Personally they mean nothing to me now. Mind you, Sprake, Reaney, Cooper, Hunter, Charlton, Bremner, Giles, Lorimer, Clarke, Jones, Gray, with Madely on the bench (and I reeled that lot off without blinking) was a sight to behold: possession football 20 years ahead of its time, with added 1970s ultraviolence. The more Jimmy Hill (MOTD) and Alan Ball (in Shoot) hated them, the more I loved them.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Heard an interview with Steve Evans on the radio over the weekend that sums up everything I detest about useless, deluded journeyman managers who want to sound more important / successful than they ever will be.

Question: What's your assessment of what you need to do at Leeds?
Evans: Pick football players that will win football matches for the football club.

Question: Have you had clarity on what your role will be?
Evans: I will pick the football players to play football matches for the football club.

Question: What excited you about the Leeds job?
Evans: It's a great football club that should be winning more football matches. Especially when you look at the football players at the football club.

Question: What will be your first priority?
Evans: Look at the football players at the football club and pick the football players that will win football matches for the football club.

Steve Evans, thank you.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
GOAL (Conway)

Leeds 0-1 Blackburn

Posted at 1 min

Straight from the kick-off, Blackburn are immediately ahead. It is a horrible start for Steve Evans' side.

Sol Bamba makes a hash of trying to head clear a Chris Taylor cross and Craig Conway has time and space at the far post to lash the ball low into the bottom corner.

It took all of 17 seconds for the visitors to open the scoring.

17 is the number that Massimo Cellini is very suspicious of, isn't it? :lol:

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
'We are the Champions, Champions of Europe'
I love Leeds.
They make me happy.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Is it me or is the eye make up heavier tonight. Halloween factor maybe?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well that was a waste of precious minutes of my tiny life.

I was thinking towards the end that we are miles better than these.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Does this mean the shutters will come down over at WACCOE? Again.

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Talking of Dirty Leeds, congrats to whoever posted this on Bobby's Wikipedia page (apologies if fixtures, yadda, yadda...):

Return to Brighton & Hove Albion

On 3 August 2015, Zamora joined former club Brighton on a one-year deal on a free transfer. The legendary striker scored his first goal since returning to our great club against Dirty Leeds with a beautiful dink over the helpless goalkeeper in the last minute silencing the Leeds fans. He followed this with his first home goal against Bristol with a sublime volley past the keeper to sent the Brighton fans mental. Bobby, you beautiful man.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
There are more wiki facts ....

He is on course for a place in the England squad in 2016 despite being regarded by many as far too good due to his unbelievable form for the mighty Brighton. He has also been tipped by many for the 2015 Balon d'or award.[59]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here