Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Directions

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I'm wondering if anyone can help, I have a parking season ticket for the university car park. With it came a letter with directions for the route they want us to use however I don't know that area at all and can't seem to put the directions on the letter with a map.
I will be coming down the A23 to the mill road roundabout, I know I then turn left towards the A27 (signposted universites) but where do I go then?
For anyone who hasn't seen the letter it says use the Stanmer park entrance.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I'm wondering if anyone can help, I have a parking season ticket for the university car park. With it came a letter with directions for the route they want us to use however I don't know that area at all and can't seem to put the directions on the letter with a map.
I will be coming down the A23 to the mill road roundabout, I know I then turn left towards the A27 (signposted universites) but where do I go then?
For anyone who hasn't seen the letter it says use the Stanmer park entrance.

Ok, once your on the bypass (A27), heading for Lewes come off at the next junction which is the one for the Asda Supermarket. Take the first exit on the roundabout at thetop of the slip road and continue up and then down Coldean Lane to the traffic lights. Your know your there because the Hikers Rest Pub is next to them and your see loads of Albion fans drinking.

Turn left at the lights and in about 200 yards you will see an exit marked left for Stanmer park by another set of lights. Take this and shortly you pass by the entrance to Stanmer Park. Continue on for 100 yards and your in the University Grounds. Stewards will direct you to the car park.

It all went pretty seamless yesterday but be prepared for about a 30 minute wait getting out at the end of the match.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Ok, once your on the bypass (A27), heading for Lewes come off at the next junction which is the one for the Asda Supermarket. Take the first exit on the roundabout at thetop of the slip road and continue up and then down Coldean Lane to the traffic lights. Your know your there because the Hikers Rest Pub is next to them and your see loads of Albion fans drinking.

Turn left at the lights and in about 200 yards you will see an exit marked left for Stanmer park by another set of lights. Take this and shortly you pass by the entrance to Stanmer Park. Continue on for 100 yards and your in the University Grounds. Stewards will direct you to the car park.

It all went pretty seamless yesterday but be prepared for about a 30 minute wait getting out at the end of the match.

Just what I needed thanks.
Not worried about waiting at the end, the point of buying it was because sometimes we might be arriving at the last minute and not have time to be worrying about park and ride etc but the end is not a problem.

Beware of the sign at the top of Coldean Lane that points you towards the Universities. Don't go that way! It will take you back to the bypass and you'll end up at the wrong entrance to Sussex University.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Beware of the sign at the top of Coldean Lane that points you towards the Universities. Don't go that way! It will take you back to the bypass and you'll end up at the wrong entrance to Sussex University.

Thanks, that was the entrance that I knew about but was confused about how to find this other one. Do you know which way we come out?

heavyweightsrbest

Oct 10, 2009
Thanks, that was the entrance that I knew about but was confused about how to find this other one. Do you know which way we come out?

Apparently you have to come out at the Falmer Village end. Somebody mentioned on another thread that they tried to come out the way they came in and they were turned back by a steward. We got out within 10 mins. Depends which car park you are in.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I cant understand why there are no road direction signs to either the Uni car parks or the 3 Park & Ride sites ?

Most major towns have brown ( tourist info) signs to their football stadium and parking, and it sounds like with our particularly complex set of match day travel directions and P+R sites, we could certainly do with some for the benefit of visiting supporters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here