Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Did YOU mute your celebration of the first goal?

Did you think VAR would rob us of the first goal and thus not celebrate "properly"?

• Yes

Votes: 179 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 8.7%

• Total voters

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Must admit my celebration of the first goal was very muted indeed as were many around me, convinced that VAR would chalk it off for offside. In fact I may have told my son not to bother counting it.

Felt like many in the ground thought the same thing. Did you?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep, I leapt out of my seat ready to celebrate and the guy beside me (who blocked my view as the goal went in) said “it’s offside” so I sat back down again.

Took bloody ages for the numpties to decide to let us have this one too. Well deserved loud booing whilst waiting

Most relaxed I have been at a game for bloody ages too, once the second went in it just seemed like a formality. (Which it seldom is as an Albion fan :smile:)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yes but to be honest, it was because I saw Undav looking across and not celebrating or looking sure, so I thought it must be offside as often the players know.

This. When a player doesn’t fully celebrate his first league goal I get worried

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think he knew Estupinian was offside so understandably thought the goal would be disallowed. So pleased for him, hope this can be a springboard for him. We were in Brussels late last year and met some RSG season ticket holders, that were far more complimentary about him than Mitoma.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Must admit my celebration of the first goal was very muted indeed as were many around me, convinced that VAR would chalk it off for offside. In fact I may have told my son not to bother counting it.

Felt like many in the ground thought the same thing. Did you?
Yep. I was convinced it wasn't a goal. In the pre-VAR era the lino would have simply flagged it off.

Then, with no expectation, it's a ruddy goal! And then I lost my shit.

That's why I love VAR so much.

What?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Nope, looked at the lino and celebrated as normal.

Hate VAR so just carrying on like it doesn’t exist.
Wish I was more like you….

This was a classic VAR sucking the enjoyment out of a goal being scored.
I was convinced with the Welbeck flick Undav would be offside,.

Obviously the delay related to the desperation of trying to find something to disallow it…..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Felt really sorry for Deniz not being able to celebrate properly....
I doubt if he was remotely disappointed. The opposite in fact.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Wish I was more like you….

This was a classic VAR sucking the enjoyment out of a goal being scored.
I was convinced with the Welbeck flick Undav would be offside,.

Obviously the delay related to the desperation of trying to find something to disallow it…..
I fail to see how that was anything to do with VAR though 🤷🏻‍♂️

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
where we were, there was a lot of looking around and "is it a goal? " it was quite strange as it was very muted celebrations, and the longer it went on the more people were certain it wouldn't stand

It was definitley VAR sucking the enjoymemt out of the game (even if only temporarily), but by the time the goal was given by VAR the moment for the crowd and Undav had passed

Im just glad his second made up for it and the rendition of "Iwanna know...." was just fantastic.

How much will that boost his confidence ?- it could be a turning point for him, just when we need a third fit and in form striker

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes - I also muted my celebrations when @Bold Seagull tracked me down during halftime.

But he got to see my phenomenal hair so at least one customer left the AMEX happy yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here