Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Did you get a Parking Ticket Tuesday?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Well, did you?
I put a post on the match day thread about a copper giving out tickets on the A27 Lewes side of the Amex. It was a fleeting glance as I drove past, but certainly looked like he was giving the cars parked in the 'limited time' layby a good once over.
I know parking on the verges is getting worse each game and that there are no longer stewards doing the councils job of keeping the roads clear. But I've never seen police involved in checking the cars.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The police were standing next to the bus stop when I went past, I thought they were there to stop drivers dropping off fans…..just a guess.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, did you?
I put a post on the match day thread about a copper giving out tickets on the A27 Lewes side of the Amex. It was a fleeting glance as I drove past, but certainly looked like he was giving the cars parked in the 'limited time' layby a good once over.
I know parking on the verges is getting worse each game and that there are no longer stewards doing the councils job of keeping the roads clear. But I've never seen police involved in checking the cars.
There is no crime in B&H anymore, old man, so "the filth" have lots of time on their hands to monetize bylaws.

Innovation and enterprising in these troubled times, or pettyfogging miserablism. You decide. For the record I'm not someone who does fly carparking.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The cars parked on the verges along Drove get ticketed every single home game………last night there were at least 30 ticketed when we walked past back to Woodingdean (and that was quite a while after the game ended so several would have already left).

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Park your car in the middle lane of the A27 and put a 'Just Stop Oil' notice on the windscreen. The Police will helpfully stop all traffic until after the game and you can take your time leaving, have a beer and then drive off when it suits. You will not get a ticket but you will probably collect £200 when you pass Go.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
The police were standing next to the bus stop when I went past, I thought they were there to stop drivers dropping off fans…..just a guess.
If you mean the bus stop next to Falmer station side, the police are always there for games. Its where I and many others lock our bikes. The police stop drivers from stopping in the lay by so as to allow busses . Tuesday night Mr Nickbrighton was in just getting on his bike in the lay by, (right next to the policeman) when a car pulled in going quite fast and just stopped before he hit him. He swerved in just after the traffic cones and past a police car with lights flashing . Driver then proceded to argue with said policeman, who was clamly trying to take his reg number whislt being blocked by the passenger he had come to collect. Mr Nickbrighton helpfully didnt move from in front of the car that had just narrowly avoided hitting him (we are talking inches) so the policeman got his reg and told the driver he would be getting a ticket

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If you mean the bus stop next to Falmer station side, the police are always there for games. Its where I and many others lock our bikes. The police stop drivers from stopping in the lay by so as to allow busses . Tuesday night Mr Nickbrighton was in just getting on his bike in the lay by, (right next to the policeman) when a car pulled in going quite fast and just stopped before he hit him. He swerved in just after the traffic cones and past a police car with lights flashing . Driver then proceded to argue with said policeman, who was clamly trying to take his reg number whislt being blocked by the passenger he had come to collect. Mr Nickbrighton helpfully didnt move from in front of the car that had just narrowly avoided hitting him (we are talking inches) so the policeman got his reg and told the driver he would be getting a ticket
Yes, this is where I saw the police when I walked past, I thought this is also where the OP was talking about, not sure if this is the ‘limited time’ lay by though, looked just like a bus stop to me.

Fromthesouth

Apr 30, 2016
Think the OP is talking about the lay by on left before the turn off to the Amex from Lewes, usually rammed with cars but there were only about 3 cars in there and the Police stopping anyone else from parking in there. They must have been too late for the smaller lay by a bit further on as that was full, used to be signs there for limited parking, but they came off quite a few years ago

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here