Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did the fans go a bit far with the COG songs?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Don't suppose anyone would have dared chant " We're on the pitch if CMS scores. And all because he comes across as a model pro, a real trier, nice bloke and yet we need to all sadly admit he has failed miserably for us. Just a thought!

Admittedly I only listened on the radio, but how many times was CMS offside on Saturday??

Feb 14, 2010
Seems a lot of Albion fans must have someone to blame....some players deserve the chants...those who are playing for Albion then say that they can't play because they are not in the right frame of mind...or one day say they have a desire to stay and next day move to another club....no names no pack drill...but please be careful who you abuse....Barnes mind was made up by the stick he got. Who would like him back now. Well done COG ...

You always like to have a go at supporters. He was useless and fans called him useless. If he turns it around fans will be open minded and congratulate him as Crumplin did. The only person however (perhaps with manager) to blame for him being useless when he joined was him, as it is COG who played useless. The individual player has to take responsibility. Same with Barnes and CMS. They both missed a hatful of chances with the best midfield in the championship under Poyet. They therefore got stick. There is a thread on here about how supporters became the new villains. I think you should read it. This club got 29000 when in a relegation scrap against Fulham. It fought a campaign second to none against Archer. They endured Gillingham and Withdean. How you can have a pop at the fans is well, just beyond any logical reason.

Just watched the interview on player, certainly bares his soul. Good luck to him and hope it is onwards and upwards.

How could the Amex be made more Northern to make him feel at home? Whippets and flat caps at next home game, Sam Smiths and black pudding pies in the concourses perhaps?

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
I was singing all the O'Grady songs and didn't believe for one second we were taking the piss.

It was genuine support for a bloke everybody can see giving everything for our team.

Walking in O'Grady wonderland - long may it continue.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I've been really critical of what I've seen of COG this season but after such an honest interview I can only hope things work out for him now.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Admittedly I only listened on the radio, but how many times was CMS offside on Saturday??

Hence the "New flag for Christmas, he got a new flag for Christmas" chants.

By my count it was somewhere between three and seventy seven.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
That was a really interesting interview - a reminder of how much players want to play football; the reality of lugging a family from one end of the country to the other; how bewildering and depressing it can get when you feel utterly unwanted. I haven't seen him play at all, but if his performances match his good-naturedness, I'd extend his contract!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

A lot. A combination of Brentford playing a very high line, almost Tony Adams-style on or close to the half-way line, and CMS not having the guile to time the run properly (or possibly the pace these days). March looked much more capable of springing it, but as has been said he had one of his more wasteful days before the free-kick.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I was singing all the O'Grady songs and didn't believe for one second we were taking the piss.

It was genuine support for a bloke everybody can see giving everything for our team.

Walking in O'Grady wonderland - long may it continue.
Quite. It is a small proportion of people on here who ever think about our players being "shit" or even how they "used to be shite"... most Albion fans want to love our players and are just desperate for anyone wearing the stripes to do well.

O'Grady is obviously a class act and well worthy of more genuine support.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here