Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did someone have a go , or take 'banter ' too far yesterday ?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I say this after witnessing a Dad kicking off after his son kicked the ball through the red hoop three times and only got offered a Millwall programme . I'd worry if he'd been allowed near Sami.

If our players were only being offered an old programme as a reward for accuracy during shooting practice at training, i wonder what they have written into their contracts should they score on a matchday? maybe a stale, left-over pie or a replica kit for 6 seasons ago? Would explain why we are a bit goal shy this season.

ps. how many players would actually bring their dad to training in this day and age, maybe a couple of the youngest first team squad members but i doubt it somehow.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It probably was not a resignation. This way Sami saves face and we bung him some compensation but not all of it. That is how things work.

Tend to disagree. I think he wanted to go, and the club just accepted it was inevitable.

I had a slight feeling on sat when Sami shook every players hand on the pitch and with seeing the banner even after an acceptable draw in the circumstances(10 men) I think he knew that he could not turn it round and his mind was made up...I only thought this as I have not seen but a few away games this season and dont know if he shakes all the players hands every time?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
My theory is there may have been some form of gentleman's agreement struck a month or so ago. Where Sami would walk if we were in the bottom 3 at Christmas.

Tony has certainly given Sami everything he said he needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here