Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did Jimmy Tarbuck play for Brighton ?

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Sorry if this has already been covered on here before.

My brother has told me that Jimmy Tarbuck was once on our books in the fifties.

Is this true and did he ever play in the first team?

Ur_havin_a_Laugh

⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽&
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
I think he was pulling ur plonker

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Slightly off topic. There was a black aston martin convertible in morrisons car park crowborough today. The number plate was TAR13Y cold it have been the former albion reserves star?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Slightly off topic. There was a black aston martin convertible in morrisons car park crowborough today. The number plate was TAR13Y cold it have been the former albion reserves star?

He was probably nipped in to do great & good for the poor local "crippled kids" whilst on his way back to his castle. :thumbsup:

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Tarby had a trial for Albion as a teenager. He was a redcoat at Butlins/Pontins or whatever in Bognor/Littlehampton at the time. Don't know any more than that. God bless useless pub trivia.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Sorry if this has already been covered on here before.

My brother has told me that Jimmy Tarbuck was once on our books in the fifties.

Is this true and did he ever play in the first team?

This was in the Argus back in 2002

009: Jimmy Tarbuck. One of the UKs' most famous comedians and entertainers. Started his showbusiness career while working as a waiter at the Ocean Hotel, Saltdean, in 1960 and became a Redcoat. He was then an up-and-coming footballer and played a game for the Albion reserves. Five years later, he was the compere of the top TV show Sunday Night at the London Palladium.

Walk of Fame: Day One From The Argus)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
This was in the Argus back in 2002

009: Jimmy Tarbuck. One of the UKs' most famous comedians and entertainers. Started his showbusiness career while working as a waiter at the Ocean Hotel, Saltdean, in 1960 and became a Redcoat. He was then an up-and-coming footballer and played a game for the Albion reserves. Five years later, he was the compere of the top TV show Sunday Night at the London Palladium.

Walk of Fame: Day One From The Argus)

I worked as a waiter a tthe Ocean Hotel Saltdean (holiday job), long after Tarby had f***ed off though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here