Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did it cross the line?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Didn't look it to me but I was at wrong end of WSU. From the pic posted and description sounds like it might have been thought! Deffo agree that IF it did, it was initially and not while rolling along the line

ross02

Sep 21, 2008
horsham
goal?

Can anyone in the West confirm whether the ball crossed the line from El-Abd's header? I assumed it had as they didn't show a replay of it on the big screens.

i sit in the south stand block h an it did never go over line it just rolled along the line

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
A-b61JnCMAAnPoU.jpg

From snappy on twitter.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Admitedly miles away in WSU but looked over the line to me. The reaction of the Millwall fans when it wasn't given reinforces my view.

del_boy

Jul 3, 2012
BN1
view from WSL deffo looked over the line, first i thought it went in twice, but watching it back after the game it was only the once, the lineo on the west line was poor.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Looked slightly over when seen at full speed live from WSU, but I saw a replay taken from the South Stand in the WSL concourse after the game and it looked like it DID NOT cross the line.

This

I could have sworn it went over the line twice from my view in the South West Corner. But saw a reply after the game, and the lino got it right, unlike most of the other important decisions on his side of the field tonight!

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
We are in WSL and it looked clearly over the line the second time, if not the first time when it rolled along the line. We were all staggered when it wasn't given.

Silverfox

Aug 1, 2011
Eastbourne
When you see the replay and watch how far the defender drags the ball back under his boot to enable him to clear round the post I think it must have been over though I didn't think so in real time

centurion40

Sep 8, 2012
Can anyone in the West confirm whether the ball crossed the line from El-Abd's header? I assumed it had as they didn't show a replay of it on the big screens.

Me and my boy sit in the south west corner, pretty much in line with the goal, it certainly looked like it crossed the line to us, we were up celebrating, that fat tub of lard linesman was constantly 10 yards behind the game so how he could decide is beyond me, my opinion and everyone elses in our corner was that it was a goal.

centurion40

Sep 8, 2012
view from WSL deffo looked over the line, first i thought it went in twice, but watching it back after the game it was only the once, the lineo on the west line was poor.

He was f***ing appalling, you'd think that the fa would require some level of fitness that enables linesman to keep up with play, not have some lumbering twat who's constantly 10 yards behind

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
I didn't think it went over the line but my old man sat next to me in C block wsu did. Lot's of people saying they saw the replay after the game and it didn't cross the line.

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
I clearly saw it was not over the line. It was exactly central on the line form my view in WSU

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
From my seat in the WSU I did not think it was over. From Fourteenth Eye's seat next to me, it was in apparently.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that it was a goal from my position in WS L and like everybody around me was screaming for it to be given but I wouldn't put my life on it being over or not as it was very tight and could have gone either way.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Well it bloody well should have crossed the line!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
from ESL I was convinced I saw clear space between the ball and the line when the defender cleared. I thought it was an own goal tbf.
So tight though that without technology the ref and lino can't really be faulted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here