Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did Eric Cantona NAIL Leslie Ash?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was watching the fantastic 'Football Years' on ITV2 last night, and this week they were covering the 1990-91 season, when Leeds won the title.

In amongst the interviews with old players, newsreel, cracking Stone Roses soundtrack and clips of players in really tight shorts, slipped the revelation from Mike McClean. Alledgedly when Cantona was signed halfway through the season, when Lee Chapman got injured, he took on more than just Chapman's goalscoring duties!

This is the first time I've ever heard this. Anyone heard it elsewhere?

Paddy, perhaps????

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
that programme is freaking shite all about how the scum lost the title. never mind the team that won it.

but yes that is a much mooted rumour, cantona was also apparently dipping his wick with two other wives and a physio's wife at the same time. busy boy.

lot of journalistic nonsense if you ask me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If she was my wife and she started sleeping around, I'd fuckin belt her one.

Oh.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think this was featured in the Observers greatest sporting myths the other week

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don't know if he nailed her but I understand that she DID give him a blow job!

Unfortunately she had a bad reaction to his gallic juices !

living in leeds at the time, that was the one of the main reasons for his departure to Man U.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was watching the fantastic 'Football Years' on ITV2 last night, and this week they were covering the 1990-91 season, when Leeds won the title.

In amongst the interviews with old players, newsreel, cracking Stone Roses soundtrack and clips of players in really tight shorts, slipped the revelation from Mike McClean. Alledgedly when Cantona was signed halfway through the season, when Lee Chapman got injured, he took on more than just Chapman's goalscoring duties!

This is the first time I've ever heard this. Anyone heard it elsewhere?

Paddy, perhaps????
So you never heard this then:

He's French, he's flash, he's shagging Leslie Ash
Cantona! Cantona!

So yes, this was rumoured to be occurring...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Never heard it, which is odd.

Still, fair play to him!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Attachments

• 150px-Les_ash_mbb.jpg
    150px-Les_ash_mbb.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 1,766

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He didn't nail her the other night though [as far as I know] - he nailed her in 1991 when she was fit.

In Footballers' Wives everyone appears to be having an illicit affair with everyone else, nipping off for a few hours of passion with the new Italian signing. In my day, a few - one or two - of the wives might have had affairs, but mostly they were totally devoted to their husbands. When Lee was at Leeds a horrible rumour came out that I was having an affair with Eric Cantona after he left. They put it about that I was the reason Cantona left Leeds. Of course I didn't have an affair with him. The same thing happened to two other players' wives, but because I was on TV it stuck with me.

From The Guardian

In Footballers' Wives everyone appears to be having an illicit affair with everyone else, nipping off for a few hours of passion with the new Italian signing. In my day, a few - one or two - of the wives might have had affairs, but mostly they were totally devoted to their husbands. When Lee was at Leeds a horrible rumour came out that I was having an affair with Eric Cantona after he left. They put it about that I was the reason Cantona left Leeds. Of course I didn't have an affair with him. The same thing happened to two other players' wives, but because I was on TV it stuck with me.

From The Guardian

Blimey, I thought you were her for a second.

*Note to self, read posts through to end.*

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Changing the subject slightly, I recall a rumour that Barry Venison was banging John Beresfords wife back in the Newcastle glory days of the early 90's

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
They own a bar in Clapham High Street.

When I first moved here, it used to be a paint shop. I understand her parents used to run the shop and live upstairs.

Havent seen either of them round there for ages. Said husband could often be seen sitting on a table outside.

She was born in Clapham and attended a famous theatre school which is next door to my local pub.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I certainly remember the rumour around the time, had a friend living in Leeds and it was well circulated up there but whether it was true is another story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here