Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did a hero of yours ever fall from grace in your eyes, and why?

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Imran Khan - my sporting hero initially. When reality kicked it I realised it had to be all about "Him". Sussex would ignore all of his "indiscretions" because he was such a talented player.

I have more time these days for the real heroes - guys that whatever they've got they will give so down the years for the Albion you are looking at Garry Nelson, Gary Hart, Inigo Calderon, Bruno. For Sussex Tony Pigott, Michael Yardy, Johnny Barclay, James Kirtley - real people proper heroes (some of these are / were genuinely talented as well but you get where I'm going

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I
you are looking at Garry Nelson, Gary Hart, Inigo Calderon, Bruno. For Sussex Tony Pigott, Michael Yardy, Johnny Barclay, James Kirtley - real people proper heroes (some of these are / were genuinely talented as well but you get where I'm going

I did a coaching course with James - he was my partner for one day when he had to comment on each other's bowling. He took everything in good part and was very easy on me. He was a thoroughly nice and modest bloke, so your impressions are spot on. Johnny Barclay's a lovely bloke too - but everyone says that.

Through work I've met many famous people and they've all been remarkably pleasant and down to earth. The only people who weren't were not people I'd admired anyway ... and they didn't disappoint

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I did a coaching course with James - he was my partner for one day when he had to comment on each other's bowling. He took everything in good part and was very easy on me. He was a thoroughly nice and modest bloke, so your impressions are spot on. Johnny Barclay's a lovely bloke too - but everyone says that.

Through work I've met many famous people and they've all been remarkably pleasant and down to earth. The only people who weren't were not people I'd admired anyway ... and they didn't disappoint
I'm glad you found that about James Kirtley - nice to hear. Incredibly hard working bowler

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I loved the casual talent of Rolf Harris.... the rest is history.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Peter Purves, after I found out about his alleged indoor gymnastics with Valerie Singleton I needed treatment. :facepalm:

Valerie Singleton is a BEAST in the sack, no one man was ever enough for her insatiable appetite, which is why she remained single, despite romances with Albert Finley, Purves and Pete Murray.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Tiger Woods, for obvious reasons. Went from being the best golfer on the planet to being a joke overnight after his car crash.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Used to be a massive fan of the low-life ramblings of Jeffrey Bernard until I met him at the premiere of Jeffrey Bernard is Unwell at the Theatre Royal. Just a snarling old shit. Never meet your heroes.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Valerie Singleton is a BEAST in the sack, no one man was ever enough for her insatiable appetite, which is why she remained single, despite romances with Albert Finley, Purves and Pete Murray.

Ah....Valerie.....those days, those nights..........still get a wistful Christmas card every year.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Lance Armstrong. From what he achieved in beating cancer then in Tour de France was an inspiration. Then found out to be a cheat.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

Not too sure what had been going on just prior to this photo.

bluepeter1.jpg

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
An obvious one but Tony Blair.
At the time I was thinking fresh young dynamic PM who even likes Oasis, compared to the old horrible days of Thatcher/Major Tories and then he turns into a complete and utter ****

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here