Dick's Night

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It was last night, wasn't it? There must be some stories to tell?

Edit: I meant to call the thread Dick's Night, oops.

Some of his admirers had travelled a long way to be there.

p116523860-4.jpg

D

Deleted User X18H

Some of his admirers had travelled a long way to be there.

p116523860-4.jpg
Anyone who walks around central Brighton with that T-Shirt on deserves some sort of admiration.

A tenner no twenty to whoever dares to wear it at Dukes Mound 11.30pm on 1st August!!!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Can't be too many clubs and club fans who'd do something like this for a recently stepped down chairman.

No wonder we are the best club in the world!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well done to all concerned and to Al. It looks like it was a great night. Sorry I could not be there. DK deserve's it. The picture is great.

:clap:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
There was a decent representation from NSC. sat around me was:

Me
Superwife
Turkey
Binney on Acid
NMH
Beach Hut

Attilas poem was spot on too

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Was a very good night, I sat with some bloke who likes Dick and me Julie

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This...
p274783002-3.jpg

Roz South - All Things Brighton Beautiful | Viva El Presidente!

... is what NSC bought him. That, and half a dozen bottle of vintage Chianti (specifically Brunello di Montalcino).

A top night, well done to all those who came along.

In speaking to Kerry - his wife (the woman in the orange top sitting next to me in Roz's picture no.14) this week, I think Dick thought that it would be a quiet table in the corner with a few friends. So he comes downstairs, and is totally bowled over by the reception he gets.

Lord Brackell's speech was very touching, until El Presidente (the NSC one) completely upstaged him by walking back into the room with his 'I Love Dick' T-shirt. Attila was in fine ranting form, berating anyone who would listen about a return to terracing (and in Dick and Derek Chapman, he is preaching to the converted).

During his speech, Dick nearly - NEARLY - blubbed. He had to stop just before he did. He was completely knocked out by the portrait, the wine and the card, and thanks everyone who chipped in for his present.

Oh, and we had some drama at the end of the night when he couldn't get the portrait into his car...

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
It was an excellent night and Dick was quite emotional!

In Rozs pictures number 1 & 2 show our table, made up of A21 supporters club members! There might have been a beer or two consumed!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Was the funding always in place for the meal ?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Oh, and we had some drama at the end of the night when he couldn't get the portrait into his car...

What's he got nowadays then, a fecking G-Wiz?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports