Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick's Bar

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Quick search on here and on Google didn't come up with anything, so does anyone know what Dick's is like on a non-matchday? Food selection etc...? Official site has very little info on it, other than it's open and they do serve food.

Work on Sussex Campus and thinking about popping over for lunch today.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
Very good value salad bar which changes daily, from 12 till 3 i think.. And then you got all the paninis and i think they did jacket potatoes at one point.kight have stopped though

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Quick search on here and on Google didn't come up with anything, so does anyone know what Dick's is like on a non-matchday? Food selection etc...? Official site has very little info on it, other than it's open and they do serve food.

The same usual airport lounge but quieter.

Food and drink is on sale (you can use your ST card to pay), and seeing as some of the staff use it as an ad hoc canteen sometimes, you might find yourself in the same room as Gus if you're lucky. Or Señor El Presidente.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

I believe the 1901 club in the east stand provide a very decent offering daily at a very reasonable price. Staffed with catering students.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Very good value salad bar which changes daily, from 12 till 3 i think.. And then you got all the paninis and i think they did jacket potatoes at one point.kight have stopped though

Do you know if they have pies as well? Paninis are always a good option though.

The same usual airport lounge but quieter.

Food and drink is on sale (you can use your ST card to pay), and seeing as some of the staff use it as an ad hoc canteen sometimes, you might find yourself in the same room as Gus if you're lucky. Or Señor El Presidente.

Ohhhh that's quite exciting. Maybe if I'm lucky then! Get club people in the café here sometimes, but no-one interesting.

I believe the 1901 club in the east stand provide a very decent offering daily at a very reasonable price. Staffed with catering students.

I think, although am not 100%, you have to pre-book for that. Been trying to convince office that we need to go as a group to it one day.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
So if anyone's wondering went over at about 2pm and they'd mostly run out of stuff sadly. Still had the salad bar, one panini and sandwiches though. Had a tuna and cheese panini which was lovely, and much cheaper than it is in the café at work (as well as coming with salad and crisps). So apart from the lack of choices (which would be better had I got there earlier) it was very nice.

Only one very, very minor thing is they should perhaps display the lunch menu more clearly? They had one printed out, but it was on the counter and I didn't notice it at first. They have a little queueing bit, so just putting a copy there would have been pretty useful (and would speed people up when ordering I suspect).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Often have lunch in Dick's when passing at lunch time. Sometimes have wife with me.
Very good value food and drink.
On visits have seen Gus, Charlie O (a few times), Paul Rogers, Des, MP etc.
So can be interesting at times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here