Dicker or Navarro?

Dicker or Navarro?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If SLADE does not start Dicker on Saturday (GENUINE injuries permitting) then he is a clueless **** and frankly SHOULD be SACKED.

Its getting Adamsesque with his selections.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Its a bit of a farce, as it seems Dicker would not have come on against Millwall, but for an injury to Navarro

ALBION boss Russell Slade is facing another midfield selection dilemma.

Alan Navarro could be fit for Saturday's home game against Wycombe Wanderers, forcing Slade to choose again between the former MK Dons player and Gary Dicker.

Navarro suffered a foot injury in the first half of Friday's 1-1 draw at Millwall.

He was unable to train yesterday but Slade said: "He has a decent chance of being available for Saturday".

Dicker replaced Navarro in the second half at Millwall as Albion came from behind to earn a point.

It was only his second appearance of the season, although Slade believes the Irishman will not be surprised by his absence from the starting line-up so far.

"He didn't have the greatest of pre-seasons," Slade said. "I don't mean on the fitness side but in terms of transferring that into game situations... We had six games pre-season and he could have done better." Jake Wright (hamstring) and Jim McNulty (ankle) are rated very doubtful for Wycombe's visit.

Albion were hoping to have at least one of them back to fill the problem left-back position but their recoveries have slowed down.

Tommy Elphick, suspended for the Millwall stalemate has a run-out in the reserves in their opening game of the season at Leyton Orient this afternoon.

A strong line-up also features Kevin McLeod, who has been absent from the squad for the last two matches due to a family bereavement.

Glenn Murray has begun his rehabilitation programme under the supervision of physio Jim Joyce following further hernia surgery last week. The unsettled striker will be sidelined for another fortnight.

The best Murray can now hope for this year is a loan move back north, with the transfer window for permanent deals closing at 5pm today.

Slade is still hoping to bolster his defensive options, while the possibility remains of clubs firming up their interest in fringe members of his squad.

Albion, Southampton and Southend are the only sides yet to win in League One this season after Wycombe's 2-1 victory at home to Bristol Rovers on Saturday.

Peter Taylor's promoted team entertain Northampton tonight in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

Albion Reserves: Pelling or Walker; Cook, Elphick, Hawkins, Livermore; M Wright, J Smith, Thornhill, McLeod; Hart, Davies. Subs: Pelling or Walker, Ide, Brinkhurst, Barker, Smith.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
"He didn't have the greatest of pre-seasons," Slade said. "I don't mean on the fitness side but in terms of transferring that into game situations... We had six games pre-season and he could have done better." Jake Wright (hamstring) and Jim McNulty (ankle) are rated very doubtful for Wycombe's visit. .

This speaks volumes. Somewhere down the line, Slade hasn't been impressed with Dicker and his application.

I suspect that he now realises that that has changed. At least I bloody hope so.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Ok so Dicker didnt have a good pre season..........could someone tell me who DID have a good pre season?? If Slade doesnt start Dicker on saturday there must be something more to this......has Navarro got one of those contracts like Virgo had last season where he has to play every game no matter how shit hes playing??

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
SeeI said as much the same, Navarro took a knock in the first half so Dicker was the obvious replacement.

Thats why Im losing faith in Slade rapidly, it wasnt an "inspired" sub but one that was forced.

If we had carried on we would have got a right f***ing hammering again.

Indeed two people who were at Hudds (Brett/Edna) commented that the first half perf at Millwall was WORSE than Huddersfield.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Bollocks to pre season Slade. We now played 6 games and haven't won one. The only time we looked vaguely like a team rather than 11 blokes running around on Friday was when Dicker came on. Pre season was then, this is now.

I don't care who he replaces as long as its one of them. I didn't notice Navarro for 45 minutes or Crofts for 90 on Friday.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I don't really get all this pre-season lark that R.S. is going on about.It is ancient history;what matters now is ,does Dicker deserve a starting place or not and when he is playing,do the team perform to a higher standard?The overwhelming verdict amongst N.S.C.at least,is yes and yes.
Granted,we do not know the whole story,but illogical stubborness amongst managers has cost several of them their job.Banging on about pre-season gets us nowhere;in fact the whole team were pretty unimpressive during pre-season with the exception of the Scunny game.
Slade needs results and he needs them fast if he is to keep his job.....I somehow do not see the 'Poker Maestro' being the most patient of chairmen ,especially having lobbed a few quid into the club!!I most certainly am not saying Slade out,but look what happened to his predecessor when he couldn't spot the obvious!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Methinks Slade holds grudges, not a great attribute in a struggling team

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Dicker will be playing for the reserves tonight...

I wonder if a decent performance will help his cause?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here