Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dicker back running

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Considering we lost to Leicester ipswich palace and drew to milwall before he got injured against west ham i dont think he was the reason our form diped !

Yep, saw an energetic i.e. athletic CP centre midfield destroy him, unfortunately, and witnessesd the Doncaster, Blackpool, Leeds & Hull midfields constantly nick the ball off the ditherer, and stride away from him at twice his pace. Tons of groans from WSU. Everyone could see it.

He was fantastic in League One, but the Championship centre midfielders seem to have pace to burn, or are very special (Whittingham).

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
You are having a laugh, I suppose it was a coincidence our form plummeted following his injury.

Absolutely this. So he's not the quickest, so what. Very few of our players are properly 'quick', only really true of our wingers and CMS, and possibly Vincelot/Sparrow over a short distance. As soon as Dicker got injured, our creativity stopped, full stop. Suddenly it was ponderous and sideways and backwards, or ping it out to Noone and hope he can beat 3 players on his own and drop a cross on CMS's forehead. Dicker is one of the few players in our squad who can pick a killer pass or see what others can't (I'd place Vicente, Buckley and everyone sitting in WSU in this latter category) and I've have him in over Harley any day of the week.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Absolutely this. So he's not the quickest, so what. Very few of our players are properly 'quick', only really true of our wingers and CMS, and possibly Vincelot/Sparrow over a short distance. As soon as Dicker got injured, our creativity stopped, full stop. Suddenly it was ponderous and sideways and backwards, or ping it out to Noone and hope he can beat 3 players on his own and drop a cross on CMS's forehead. Dicker is one of the few players in our squad who can pick a killer pass or see what others can't (I'd place Vicente, Buckley and everyone sitting in WSU in this latter category) and I've have him in over Harley any day of the week.

True

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
The problem with Dicker is that he doesn't do "middling" performances. He is either very good or woeful.

Decent squad player and certainly not a "FFS" when you hear his name read out.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Dicker is one of the few players in our squad who can pick a killer pass or see what others can't (I'd place Vicente, Buckley and everyone sitting in WSU in this latter category) and I've have him in over Harley any day of the week.

Yep spot on. Since Dicker has been injured we have created the best part of fcuk all through the middle which is CMS's bread and butter. All our creativity then comes from out wide, which then brings another issue that we win next to nothing in the air especially with only 1 up front (Barnes scored with a header against Wrexham, when was the last headed goal before that?).

I think we miss Dicker more than people realise.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
images[6] (2).jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here