Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knights shares, final chapter?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The share offer wasn't in the manuscript the club asked to see. I am not saying that the club was being reasonable or unreasonable in asking to see it, or that DK was being reasonable or unreasonable in saying no. I'm just giving the facts. I absolutely agree with you that there is nothing in the book that should have stopped the club selling it, but that was its decision.

Fair enough.

It's sad that Dick has tainted his legacy like this, it's minor stuff of course and it doesn't take away from the crucial stuff he achieved with the help of Perry and the board. I suppose in a way it's a demonstration of his bloody-mindedness, that same characteristic without which the club would never have been able to haul itself back on it's feet.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Once the book had come out, the club could have stocked it. A club employee was asked to read through it and okayed it, but I understand a couple of other people within the club then objected to some things in it. Not TB, because he said he had no plans to read it.

Do you seriously believe he hasn't read it? I'm not buying that. Unlike the book :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
One day I look forward to reading Bloom's book. No shortage of title possibilities there with his poker connections.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
One day I look forward to reading Bloom's book. No shortage of title possibilities there with his poker connections.

As long as he doesn't fan the flames with a title along the lines of 'Knight, can you hear me, I am the f***ing chip leader at this table and don't you forget it'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here