Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight

Booley

Dec 23, 2004
East Acton
Well done Dick you have had some critism and have come through, lets hope he turns into the partner Forster needs upfront!!

Love his comment on the website
"We have secured the services of an exciting young player with tremendous potetial. This signing underlines the ambition of the board for the Albion to get back to the Championship as soon as possible"

I wonder who that comment was aimed at?
Come on Dean sign the contract!!!!!
One more addition (Currie) and sorted

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
after speaking to a couple of players this week ,dick has a lot more to sort out,yes its a great signing but their is a lot of unrest at the club,lets hope for all our sakes it gets sorted soon

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
after speaking to a couple of players this week ,dick has a lot more to sort out,yes its a great signing but their is a lot of unrest at the club,lets hope for all our sakes it gets sorted soon

can you say any more....

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

I dont think DK is particularly liked at the moment within the playing squad and I do think that this is an effort albeit an expensive effort to placate some of the stick he has been getting from the fans and some utterings maybe within the club itself.

Would it not of been preferred that he had sorted Hammond out ( I do fear this is unlikely to change his position ) earlier and Savage whilst given O'Callaghan a shorter term deal.

Then have the opportunity to add to the squad also. This would of given real progression for the club, but we are back to the snake & ladder club. I guess that at least today we found a ladder.

But maybe nows not the time to remain downbeat, I might just join the DK appreciation club with everyone else ...................... NOT

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
This thing with certain players questioning the ambition of the club, well, when those players cross that line onto the pitch it matters not what the chairman is up to.

Can you honestly say that all those players have bust a gut to win every game? I certainly would have expected our captain to be leading by example.

If a player gives his all and get's spotted by a bigger club, like Virgo did, then they go with the blessings of all. If they bleat on about the club not being good enough for them then it leaves an unsavoury taste, like harding, O'C & Savage.

Of course, if the club answers those critics by signing better players then some of the players already here will become unhappy because the bar has been raised and they are no longer up to standard.

It may be a shame for the likes of Rents, Gatting, Loft etc but are they up to playing at the level they expect to be paid at?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
no more no money excuses for wilkins now

Well done Dick you have had some critism and have come through, lets hope he turns into the partner Forster needs upfront!!

Love his comment on the website
"We have secured the services of an exciting young player with tremendous potetial. This signing underlines the ambition of the board for the Albion to get back to the Championship as soon as possible"

I wonder who that comment was aimed at?
Come on Dean sign the contract!!!!!
One more addition (Currie) and sorted

Well it's aimed at all the players and the fans really, isn't it?

A couple of ex-players might do well to take note :salute:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Followed Peter Kent's, he of NOBO fame, car this evening, at least I am pretty sure it was his car in HH. What happened to him did he sell out to DK or the evil 3?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Followed Peter Kent's, he of NOBO fame, car this evening, at least I am pretty sure it was his car in HH. What happened to him did he sell out to DK or the evil 3?

part of the take-over to prevent the club being wound up in the high court was that all the otherr shareholders resigned from the club, but left the money in for 3 years when Archer and co took over, so i would imagine he left then.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Is there any truth in this Currie rumour though???

I think the start of the story with Currie is that because Luton are on the verge of adminstration or worse, our fans on here thought that they will have to sell or release loads of players and therefore we should be able to get Currie back for nothing / small fee.

Luton have stated that they are unwilling to lose any more players from their squad, and Currie and others are unavailable for transfer in the January window.

The rumour has grown from that initial speculation, nothing factual, it's pure fantasy.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
The thing that I don't understand is, how involved in transfers is Wilkins? DK seems responsible for them all, how big say does Wilkins get?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The thing that I don't understand is, how involved in transfers is Wilkins? DK seems responsible for them all, how big say does Wilkins get?

Seems most our recent signings are Barry Lloyd suggestions so I guess between him and Deano they decide who they want to sign and then ask Dick and the board for the money, at which stage DK takes over the negotiations and is naturally the mouthpiece for the club when players sign?

Begs the question, why didn't we have a full time scout for so many years preceding Lloyd, didn't Coppell have a whinge about the lack of a scouting network here?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Coppel and Taylor both had their own scouts, in Coppels case until he died uit was his brother. I went out sciouting from Allan Mullery first time until Coppel took over and was then thanked for my help and told that I was no longer needed as Coppell had his own scouting network.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Coppel and Taylor both had their own scouts, in Coppels case until he died uit was his brother. I went out sciouting from Allan Mullery first time until Coppel took over and was then thanked for my help and told that I was no longer needed as Coppell had his own scouting network.

Gramps..can you explain that a little better?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here