Dick Knight - we have Falmer, now where is the money for players?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Come on Knight, you said you would get investment for players when Falmer was approved. So where is it? We need some quality all over the park - or are you happy for us to go down again????

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
BarrelofFun said:
Give him a chance. We are not at the transfer window yet. Lets ask this quesiton when the window has passed.

I understand that the loan window has not closed yet. That would be a good start.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
BarrelofFun said:
If there is noone of use then what is the point.

We dont want to use all our loans up too soon, as we are limited to 8 I think.

If we intend to buy some players in January, what is the problem with using up loans now?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Thats true. But we need to extend McShanes loan, or at least try, and that will have to wait untuil the window opens.

I think the lack of noises being made regarding transfer can only be good.

At least we are not getting headlines of "I need a centreback but cant find one". I am sure that they realise we need more bodies and they are trying their hardest.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
BarrelofFun said:
I am sure that they realise we need more bodies and they are trying their hardest.

Well, their hardest is just not good enough then. If things get much worse, Managers won't want their prospects to come to us because of all the negative vibes. :nono:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What's the point of not loaning now and waiting until we are so far adrift that any later in the season won't make a difference?

Er, sorry to be pedantic, but we don't have Falmer.
What we have is permission conditional on there being no judicial review and we won't know for sure wether or not there will be a JR till next month.
So, as of today, the situation hasn't changed. If DK has investors lined up, and I'm sure he has, none of them will sign a cheque until it is definite there will be no review. Otherwise they could lose their money.
And even if there is no JR, don't expect investors to suddenly come piling in. These things take time to finalise. The money will come, have no doubt of that, but how much will go onplayers is a decision for the board.
I for one am happy to leave that decision till then. I may complain after they've made it, but not till then.

3gulls said:
Come on Knight, you said you would get investment for players when Falmer was approved. So where is it?

Has it fallen down the back of the settee? Dunno, I'm stumped. The directors haven't been wasting it on whores and crack dens AGAIN, have they?

Last edited:

attila said:
From what I heard yesterday it does seem that the Irish trip was with serious intent and we should be hearing something soon. The only possible bit of good news on what was an absolute smeg of a day. Bastards!!

We need an Irish smilie so I can celebrate the increasing Celticisation of our team :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
London Irish said:
We need an Irish smilie so I can celebrate the increasing Celticisation of our team :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

As everyone keeps saying, we have no money! MM must be looking for cheap labour! Still, they should find it more attractive to come to the Albion than digging-up roads! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
attila said:
From what I heard yesterday it does seem that the Irish trip was with serious intent and we should be hearing something soon. The only possible bit of good news on what was an absolute smeg of a day. Bastards!!

Just what we need another youngster who no-one has ever heard of and that plays in the irish league. Could it be one for the future?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports