Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DICK KNIGHT OUT ? Just one little question for you....

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
In the name of arse and the seven sons of backside I can't believe this thread is still going.

Earnest, aside from your clearly loveless relationship with Dick Knight, have you provided any alternative options?

Hypothetically let's suppose he is vain and useless, what would be the next steps Earnest? You're in control, what's your plan? End to end including financials, politics, logistics and the small matter of appeasing fans by balancing your books and maintaining a club with ambitions with your money.

Why don't you have a vote? Maybe have a vote on men in white beards generally, though I've already offered my take on Father Christmas previsouly and he never be able to do Dicks job.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
seagullsslimjim said:
I think the real sticking point is what has Dick done with the majority of Zamoras money and all of Coppells £230k compensation. As well as these two incoming amounts we now don't have Bobbys wages to pay (replaced by Leons) and Brookers.

All of Bobbys £1m should have covered several seasons of playing budget with Coppells compensation being an instant addition to it as it was an unforseen gain, and not part of the pre season budget.

These are the real questions that need to be answered by the board as it's the only visible income that the fans have really seen coming in recently and yet to no benefit of strengthening the squad.

Don't even start me on the £48m required for the new stadium. With a mortgage/loan at 5% interest PA the interest alone will be circa £2.4m a year, even before capital repayment. With 22 home games thats approx £110,000.00 a game. Divide that by average gates of 11,000 and thats £10 out of each ticket!!!:glare:

I think you have answered your original point with the last one. TYhe whole Falmer project is hugely expensive and that is clearly where a lot of money is going. Would you rather we scrapped Falmer?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Ernest said:
Knight has got total control you muppet and that is the problem

He HASN'T got total control. The structure of the club is that no single person has a controlling interest, and any GENUINE Brighton fan looking to invest will understand why,

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
WOW, after about an hour and a half, I have finally read through the whole thread, and it's nice to see that Easy's excellent opening post has proved correct in that no-one has come up with a coherant argument against Dick Knight.

I just don't understand why Dick Knight needs to go BEFORE any investors come forward. Why can't they join us now?

On the point of these mysterious investors waiting in the wings, I just simply do not believe it, as we would know about them if they are not getting onto the board. Why would Dick Knight be a stumbling block to these fantastic new investors? It can ONLY be because they do not get overall control, in which case why don't they come out and say so. If they want the club so bad and have multi-millions to invest wouldn't they go public to exert some pressure on Dick Knight?

Also, why would they insist on a controlling interest? If they are a fan, would they not understand why, since the Archer days NO SINGLE PERSON HAS HAD CONTROLLING INTEREST. We want it to stay that way, and I would expect any geneuine fan looking to stick in some cash would understand that.

If they want controlling interest, it's because they want to do things with the club that the other Directors wouldn't approve of? Doesn't that scare anyone? Why would Dick Knight and others disapprove of action unless they felt it wasn't in the clubs interests, such as a very risky financial strategy such as that undertaken by Bradford, Sheff Weds and others.

Let's face it the truth is that there is no-one looking to invest.

Let's not have people just posting "I know there are investors out there." If you know who they are get them to contact Dick and then to come out and say why they were refused, because I would be very interested to hear it.

Top posting Easy, this should be on NSC Gold, so that everytime we get some idiot just slagging off Dick Knight on some groundless complaint we can just refer them to this thread.

Well played Easy 10 !
Absolutely right. Doesn't mean he'll be there forever, but I would have him as my chairman in preference to nearly anyone else I can think of. And he is THE man for the job for the forseeable.

I'm sure they can take the club forward, they just don't want to spend money we haven't got and take us down a well trod road.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Some really great posting from people on here. Other than the "Hen" or "the person above me" type threads, this is without doubt the biggest thread I've seen that has really opened up to this extent and had the cut-and-thrust of genuine debate on it.
Bet you don't get many other football clubs who have as much to discuss on their messageboards.

Good work fellas.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I also think this has put a definitive 'lid' on the idiotic ramblings along the lines of "for the good of the club we must get rid of Dick Tight."

They have been put to the test, asked to come out and actually articulate their reasoning and they have either tied themselves up in knotts of contradiction, attempted to take the debate off at a tangent or just attempted to win the argument with the classic intellectual caveat ":salute: ". Hmm very impressive. :nono:

This thread has also restored my faith in this board. As usual the minority make sufficient noise that it appears they are greater in number than they actually are. As it turns out there are not too many slagging DK off and they are just the frothing ramblings of madmen.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Easy 10 said:
Some really great posting from people on here. Other than the "Hen" or "the person above me" type threads, this is without doubt the biggest thread I've seen that has really opened up to this extent and had the cut-and-thrust of genuine debate on it.
Bet you don't get many other football clubs who have as much to discuss on their messageboards.

Good work fellas.

well said sir!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Gritt23 said:
I also think this has put a definitive 'lid' on the idiotic ramblings along the lines of "for the good of the club we must get rid of Dick Tight."

They have been put to the test, asked to come out and actually articulate their reasoning and they have either tied themselves up in knotts of contradiction, attempted to take the debate off at a tangent or just attempted to win the argument with the classic intellectual caveat ":salute: ". Hmm very impressive. :nono:

This thread has also restored my faith in this board. As usual the minority make sufficient noise that it appears they are greater in number than they actually are. As it turns out there are not too many slagging DK off and they are just the frothing ramblings of madmen.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Says it all. I hereby announce VICTORY for the pro-Knight lobby !
LONG LIVE DICK
:D
(now close the thread quick before Berkshire or Ernest see's) ;)

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There is a serious issue raised in terms of the financing of the new stadium. However because the aim is to produce a community stadium, finance will be from local government, lottery funding, sponsorship and other sources, including perhaps some from the directors. This is still likely to leave a deficit of at last £20million, or about £1.2 million a year in interest. This works out, on a budget of 22 games a year at around £60,000 a match. This is an obscene sum of money, but given that Ecovert charge £30,000 a game plus keep all the sundry income, as a lower charge per match than we are currently paying.

Howver, given these figures, it is highly unlikely that ticket prices will fall

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It also shows why we do not go out and spend every penny that we receive from the deals done on Zamora and Coppell. Every penny is being carefully watched, and it clearly needs to be.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
alan partridge said:
you better get your ears tested then mate

one hundred THOUSAND a year. hell of a lot of difference wouldn't you say? 1 million a year!!!!!! now i know you live in cloud cuckoo land. how can you get pissed off with people questioning you when you come out with rubbish like that?
May i suggest you wash your eyes out properly before you blab on as usual and read it clearly states 1 million for 2 seasons.:p

I have seen it many of times ages ago that fatboy has pumped 2.5 million into the albion in 4 years or so.:clap2: :drink:

Thread still going strong greattttttttttt:drink:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
berkshire seagull said:
May i suggest you wash your eyes out properly before you blab on as usual and read it clearly states 1 million for 2 seasons.:p

I have seen it many of times ages ago that fatboy has pumped 2.5 million into the albion in 4 years or so.:clap2: :drink:

Thread still going strong greattttttttttt:drink:

Berky you naughty little boy. That's complete bulshit and yuo know it.:p

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
He has pumped in money and the amount of 2.5 million in 4 years it was on teletext a fair bit ago as i recall saying top man you are fatboy.:)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
berkshire seagull said:
He has pumped in money and the amount of 2.5 million in 4 years it was on teletext a fair bit ago as i recall saying top man you are fatboy.:)

Teletext eh? Blimey MUST be true.

I am equally sure I read it was £500k.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
When DK appointed MM,he said there was money in the pot for new players.

Well if that is the case,why, when you read todays Argus is MM saying we have to get rid of a quality keeper to fund a new player?

Someone is not telling the complete truth here are they?

We only signed Ben Roberts in the summer,so why after a few games into the season can we no longer afford 2 keepers?

Someone hasnt done there sums very well have they?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Gritt23 said:
Teletext eh? Blimey MUST be true.

I am equally sure I read it was £500k.
Yes he did pump in a straight 500k at one time for shares in the club about 2 year ago.
I recall that clearly 2 and sponsership is a lot more than 100k a season trust me and im sure you will find that out.:D

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Charlies Shinpad said:
When DK appointed MM,he said there was money in the pot for new players.

Well if that is the case,why, when you read todays Argus is MM saying we have to get rid of a quality keeper to fund a new player?

Someone is not telling the complete truth here are they?

We only signed Ben Roberts in the summer,so why after a few games into the season can we no longer afford 2 keepers?

Someone hasnt done there sums very well have they?

As usual with Knight the sums don't add up

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
berkshire seagull said:
Yes he did pump in a straight 500k at one time for shares in the club about 2 year ago.
I recall that clearly 2 and sponsership is a lot more than 100k a season trust me and im sure you will find that out.:D

Sponsorship? What sponsorship?
Surely you are not claiming the Skint sponsorship as a cash injection from Fat Boy Slim are you? Is that how you get to £2.5m?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here