Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight must go now

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
There can be no beating about the bush anymore, myself and other clued up individuals have warned about the damage that the massive ego of Dick Knight is doing to the club. And now it's all coming home to roost, after exhausting FBS's cash and I doubt he would have the front to sell next seasons Season Tickets in September he is coming out with the emotional blackmail ticket instead.
So if I donate £100 I get my name on a seat ? Big deal, how about for every so much raised a supporter is elected to the board ? Or a share issue that in the event of the Albion reaching Falmer and this financial nirvana everyone says it is then it can be repaid ? Of course this would never happen as it would dilute Dick Knights influence in the club. Of course in times of financial strife a business has to cut costs so unfortunate as it might be then a few redundancies among the overstaffed back room and commercial side might help as well but of course these are Knights relatives and cronies.
Dick Knight is no longer fit to run this club and right now he should be contacting every businessman and potential major investor in the county begging them to come on board and if it means he has to go then so be it.
The only defence people have had of this tinpot dictator is that the clubs financial position is safe with him in charge well it's quite obvious that it is not and now it's time for him go and go quickly before the damage becomes too great.
Of course this post will receive the usual criticism from the 'sun shines out of Knights arse' mob but before you post answer this , are you a season ticket holder or do you attend every home game possible if not ? Because if you don't you are one of the poeple responsible for the clubs financial position.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
As a season ticket holder for all of the Withdean years, and regular supporter since 1971, I think I meet your criteria for having a valid opinion.

Ernest - please just shut the :censored: up!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Ernest said:

Of course this post will receive the usual criticism from the 'sun shines out of Knights arse' mob but before you post answer this , are you a season ticket holder or do you attend every home game possible if not ? Because if you don't you are one of the poeple responsible for the clubs financial position.

What an intelligent thing to say.

I do hope you go to every game and have bought EVERY piece of merchandise in the shop, have given ALL the money you can afford to Forty Notes Fund and never miss an away game (we get money from them too). Only then, by your own logic, can YOU have a valid opinion.

You big GOON.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
top post ernest great to see its still comming thick and fast

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Here we go again. Here we f***-ing go AGAIN.

Ernest, FG, whoever you are. If you want Dick Knight to walk away right now, then I am all ears as to your suggestion for a replacement.

I guess we'll need someone who we can trust, who has the best interests of the club at heart, will remain at the helm through thick and thin, and who has a personal fortune with which he is more than happy to bestow on the Albion.

Now, if you know somebody who fits the bill, then by all means do enlighten us with your wisdom. But if, as I strongly suspect, you havn't got a f***ing CLUE, then I suggest you take a prolongued stroll along a runway somewhere. This "investors waiting in the wings" theory simply does not wash, so don't even start boring us with that shit again.

f***ing groundhog day or what.

Last edited:

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Easy 10 said:
Here we go again. Here we f***-ing go AGAIN.

Ernest, FG, whoever you are. If you want Dick Knight to walk away right now, then I am all ears as to your suggestion for a replacement.

I guess we'll need someone who we can trust, who has the best interests of the club at heart, will remain at the helm through thick and thin, and who has a personal fortune with which he is more than happy to bestow on the Albion.

Now, if you know somebody who fits the bill, then by all means do enlighten us with your wisdom. But if, as I strongly suspect, you havn't got a f***ing CLUE, then I suggest you take a prolongued stroll along a runway somewhere. This "investors waiting in the wings" theory simply does not wash, so don't even start boring us with that shit again.

f***ing groundhog day or what.

:clap:

What he said.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I nearly agree with Ernest on something!

I am not a season ticket holder and do not attend all the home games that I can. I hate WIthdean and have never had a season ticket there (used to have one in the North Stand). I go occasionally and spend what little money I can afford to spend on football on away trips.

So I have contributed to the financial situation at the club. Now I have checked my conscience I have to see if I can spare the money. £100 is 2 away trips, a small price to secure the club's future.

Looks like I will be a contributor after all.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
If there are people clammouring to take over the club and inject several million into the club, I'm sure DK would go.

Could Ernest tell us people 'not in the know' who wants to take over the club and give it a massive cash injection.

Sadly, I think I know the answer to this one.

Ernest said:
. Of course in times of financial strife a business has to cut costs so unfortunate as it might be then a few redundancies among the overstaffed back room and commercial side might help as well but of course these are Knights relatives and cronies.

Whilst todays story must seem like Christmas come early for Ernest, if the club does need to make economies without the playing side being hit, maybe they should have a look at the backroom office staff? At present we employ a commercial manager plus a marketing manager AND a sales manager?! Job duplication if ever I heard it!

Jobs for the boys?....Well, at least one of these persons is related to DK!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe we need somebody like Nicolas Von Hooegarden in - at the first peep of dissent out of FG or Ernest, he'd be dangling them head-first over a very high balcony. Er, allegedly... :D

Kev the Ape

Ernest said:
There can be no beating about the bush anymore, myself and other clued up individuals have warned about the damage that the massive ego of Dick Knight is doing to the club. And now it's all coming home to roost, after exhausting FBS's cash and I doubt he would have the front to sell next seasons Season Tickets in September he is coming out with the emotional blackmail ticket instead.
So if I donate £100 I get my name on a seat ? Big deal, how about for every so much raised a supporter is elected to the board ? Or a share issue that in the event of the Albion reaching Falmer and this financial nirvana everyone says it is then it can be repaid ? Of course this would never happen as it would dilute Dick Knights influence in the club. Of course in times of financial strife a business has to cut costs so unfortunate as it might be then a few redundancies among the overstaffed back room and commercial side might help as well but of course these are Knights relatives and cronies.
Dick Knight is no longer fit to run this club and right now he should be contacting every businessman and potential major investor in the county begging them to come on board and if it means he has to go then so be it.
The only defence people have had of this tinpot dictator is that the clubs financial position is safe with him in charge well it's quite obvious that it is not and now it's time for him go and go quickly before the damage becomes too great.

ernest who r u?? shut the hell up

Tom Hark said:
Maybe we need somebody like Nicolas Von Hooegarden in - at the first peep of dissent out of FG or Ernest, he'd be dangling them head-first over a very high balcony. Er, allegedly... :D

HEY! :O The answer to all our problems! Not only has he millions, but he'll soon sort the nimbies out.. (er allegedly) :) and Falmer will be built in no time at all.....Stand aside Dick, come in Nick! The "Von Hooegstraten stadium" does have a kind of ring to it! :eek: :nono:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Dick Knight must go now

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
What an intelligent thing to say.

I do hope you go to every game and have bought EVERY piece of merchandise in the shop, have given ALL the money you can afford to Forty Notes Fund and never miss an away game (we get money from them too). Only then, by your own logic, can YOU have a valid opinion.

You big GOON.
I used to have a season ticket from 1982-1995 but due to having kids and a mortgage and other finantial burdans i cant anymore but I AM STILL A MASSIVE FAN.I go when i can now.so all this 'Only the ones that go to every game' can have a say shit is a load of bollocks.I do agree with Ernest to an extent.I think Knight has got a bit of a cheek to keep asking the fans for money.Getting back to the kit thing,Why wasnt the new shirt out for the play off final?.we were in a position all season where we might have got to Cardiff and were due a change of shirt so why didn't someone who is paid to sort things like this out get it sorted?.how much could this have raised?.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
good point Bright on Q, I don't believe the club maximise its marketing potential, and therefore thats revenue lost, I'd rather they pushed some quality merchandise etc on me than just 'please give us some money we're skint' well I'm f***ing skint too, so f*** off, do your jobs properly and secure the future of our club !

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
let Ernest have his opinions. After all we let Gareth Glover put tips on here that we know are absolute crap and we don't call him a wanker.:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Ernest you are a bit of a twat though and we are all well aware of your views on DK

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Exactly Zefarelly, maximise the sales, isn't that what the three sales and marketing guys are supposed to do.

When I was an advertiser I had to chase them to organise a hoarding and take money off me. It should have been the other way round if they were doing their jobs properly.

The list of missed opportunities to maximise the sale is unacceptable given the clubs financial status.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Ernest said:
before you post answer this , are you a season ticket holder or do you attend every home game possible if not ? Because if you don't you are one of the poeple responsible for the clubs financial position.

i don't go to many home homes, I dont even get to many away games, i dont donate alot of money to the albion, i don't have all of the memorabillia and shirts avalible in the club shop.

Does this make me not a fan, cos if it don't most of us can just f*** off and let the albion go out of buisness.

NOT ALL PEOPLE CAN AFFORD TO DO ALL THIS STUFF YOU KNOW! SOME PEOPLE HAVE LIVES AWAY FROM FOOTBALL FOOTBALL AND FOOTBALL ALL THE f***ing TIME! SOME PEOPLE HAVE JOBS AND CAN'T GET TO GAMES, SOME PEOPLE HAVE ILL FAMILY AND HAVE TO BE WITH THEM ALL THE TIME!! SOME PEOPLE HAVE SCHOOL TO GO TO AND GET THERE GCSE'S!
SOME PEOPLE JUST DON'T WANT TO DEDICATE THERE WHOLE f***ing PATHETIC WASTED LIFE ON FOOTBALL!

THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN JUST FOOTBALL!

NO IM NOT THE BEST SUPPORTER IN THE WORLD BUT I HAVE SOMETHING CALLED A LIFE! GET ONE ERNEST!

aaaaaaaaand breath and ducks for cover

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here