Diane Abbott Back!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Should be reassuring to all of those who's main (only) argument against Labour seems to be 'but Abbott'
I've done some research, and the total number of people whose only argument against Labour was 'but Abbott' stands at zero.

Of course her incompetence is unprecedented, causing shock and awe and steeling the limelight, but that doesn't mean voters have otherwise thought Labour is a well run ship.

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Had to go. Surprised she even got the job in the first place, but I suppose he had no choice but to give it to her.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I've done some research, and the total number of people whose only argument against Labour was 'but Abbott' stands at zero.

Of course her incompetence is unprecedented, causing shock and awe and steeling the limelight, but that doesn't mean voters have otherwise though Labour is a well run ship.

I have spoken to and witnessed a HUGE number of comments on FB where people focus their reason for not being able to vote for Labour squarely on Abbott. Which is fairly hilarious when you think of who our Home Sec has been for the past 6 years...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have spoken to and witnessed a HUGE number of comments on FB where people focus their reason for not being able to vote for Labour squarely on Abbott. Which is fairly hilarious when you think of who our Home Sec has been for the past 6 years...

I find it hard to believe that you know so many people who aren't aware of John McDonnell.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Also I am sorry if this offends anyone but her face IS the shape of a Bo Selecta mask.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I find it hard to believe that you know so many people who aren't aware of John McDonnell.

Mate most people are barely aware what Theresa May's name is. I think it's well known that the vast majority of the electorate have an insanely low knowledge/understanding of politics.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Didn't the same thing happen with her at the referendum or the last election, that she 'had a rest' ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Perhaps for another thread ..this one seems about Labour

Nope. It's about Diane Abbott. She's gone. Superb news for Labour.

Boris is still sticking around I note. And Gove. And all the Tories' other thick ****s.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have spoken to and witnessed a HUGE number of comments on FB where people focus their reason for not being able to vote for Labour squarely on Abbott.
I'd expect that to be the case. When you're asked to give a reason for something, you're often going to pick the thing that's easiest to describe and that everyone will agree with. That doesn't mean you don't also have other reasons.

Which is fairly hilarious when you think of who our Home Sec has been for the past 6 years...
So you think Abbott is at a similar level to May?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
This thread should BE the main Dianne Abbott thread.

So long as we don't have to keep dipping into two threads, I don't give a monkeys...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

yep 7 years to do something about terrorists, borders, policing and what did she do ...............well not a lot really
and this is the person we want to negotiate Brexit .......you really are having a laugh

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So you think Abbott is at a similar level to May?

May, whilst a very poor public communicator, is clearly better than Abbott, who is a bumbler on a par with BoJo.

At their actual jobs? Hard to say. May has unquestionably failed (even according to her!) in her six years, I have no idea how good Diane Abbott would be when it comes down to implementing policies.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
yep 7 years to do something about terrorists, borders, policing and what did she do ...............well not a lot really
and this is the person we want to negotiate Brexit .......you really are having a laugh

What are you talking about? She has done plenty! She cut police number, ignored and was pretty disrespectful towards Police chiefs who explained to her it was unsustainable and lead to a greater security risk. And now she's doing huge arms deals with a regime that cuts the heads off gay people, and are one of the main sources of Wahhabism (extremist Islam). How dare you say she hasn't done anything?

She appears on the verge of a meltdown at the moment, whenever questioned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here