Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Di Matteo to have £30m budget

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Well it looks like your old boy Tommy Elphick is joining them for £3 million - personal terms being agreed says Pat Murphy on his twitter, so must be pretty kosher.

The most shocking thing i noticed in the article about that transfer is that he is 29?! WTF?

edit: seems the BBC is wrong and he is 28.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
They could spend a 100 million each and still **** up. Keep our squad together with a couple of additions and we'll give anyone a game in this league.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Cracking missus too!

Notsure about any sell on stuff - don't think so. Sad to see him go, been superb for us. Glad Gus didn't rate him..

No doubt your prick of a manger will come to us for Dunk/Goldson. Problem with Bournemouth is it's only downhill from now.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
No doubt your prick of a manger will come to us for Dunk/Goldson. Problem with Bournemouth is it's only downhill from now.

Funny how it's only some fans of other clubs think he's smug/arrogant/prick whatever..and everybody else who has dealings with him thinks he's a decent bloke, no doubt pretty driven though.

Agree it's going to be tough to stay up this year, staying up last year was the main thing with the new TV deal. I'm happy with a club to support, an away trip a month and mates to go with tbh, not desperate to stay up.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Di Matteo will do very well to get them back up in one season. The club is in a horrible state from top to bottom. It's a club that's had a losing mentality for the past few seasons, a group of players who regardless of whatever ability they may or may not have went down in the most gutless, pathetic way I've seen from any team in any division in a long, long time.

To get out of this league you need good players who are willing to put a shift in time and again or players of exceptional quality who can get away with not trying so much because they're so much better than the league average. Villa have neither of those. So the need to get rid of vast swathes of their squad and replace them with the right players and at the same time build them into a cohesive unit that doesn't suffer from the lethargy and loser mentality that currently surrounds the club. On top of that they have to contend with being the big fish in the small pond and have everyone raise their game against them for their scalp.

In short, it's a hell of a lot of work to be done in under a year.

I can see Newcastle smashing the league but Villa, play offs at best, mid table more likely, straight through to league one a possibility.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Funny how it's only some fans of other clubs think he's smug/arrogant/prick whatever..and everybody else who has dealings with him thinks he's a decent bloke, no doubt pretty driven though.

Agree it's going to be tough to stay up this year, staying up last year was the main thing with the new TV deal. I'm happy with a club to support, an away trip a month and mates to go with tbh, not desperate to stay up.

I've had dealings with him. Not sure. There's a definite element of smugness. And he's completely unrepentant about FFP - his attitude is that it's all right for everyone else but Bournemouth had to ignore it because it was inconvenient.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
At Villa a fit motivated Agbonlahor will tear holes in the championship defences.

Incredible. I've just Googled "Agbonlahor" and this is what comes up:

The Sad Flabby End of Aston Villa's Captain Gabriel Agbonlahor - Vice

Gabby Agbonlahor suspended after being pictured on laughing gas ...

Aston Villa's Gabriel Agbonlahor to see out season in the reserves ...

Gabriel Agbonlahor: Aston Villa striker suspended by club - BBC Sport

Gabby Agbonlahor's mum claims she knew son would go off the rails ...

Fat footballers: Gabriel Agbonlahor and the other players who piled on ...

Aston Villa's Gabriel Agbonlahor 'around A STONE overweight' as club ...

Gabby Agbonlahor appears to inhale 'hippy crack' - Dream Team

Dennis Mortimer: Worst group of Aston Villa players ever; Gabby Agbonlahor was a one-trick pony when he had pace

Stan Collymore outlines heated conversation with Gabriel Agbonlahor ...

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
They'll have to spend that wisely if they want to be competitive at this level.
Remember, they aren't exactly entering with an embarrassment of riches, more just an embarrassment.
Hopefully they recruit as well as they did last summer! Am not at all worried about Villa, think they will be much the spent force they were last season.
Norwich and Newcastle far more a threat, but expect Benitez to take care of Newcastle's challenge by the time he's sacked.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Incredible. I've just Googled "Agbonlahor" and this is what comes up:

The Sad Flabby End of Aston Villa's Captain Gabriel Agbonlahor - Vice

Gabby Agbonlahor suspended after being pictured on laughing gas ...

Aston Villa's Gabriel Agbonlahor to see out season in the reserves ...

Gabriel Agbonlahor: Aston Villa striker suspended by club - BBC Sport

Gabby Agbonlahor's mum claims she knew son would go off the rails ...

Fat footballers: Gabriel Agbonlahor and the other players who piled on ...

Aston Villa's Gabriel Agbonlahor 'around A STONE overweight' as club ...

Gabby Agbonlahor appears to inhale 'hippy crack' - Dream Team

Dennis Mortimer: Worst group of Aston Villa players ever; Gabby Agbonlahor was a one-trick pony when he had pace

Stan Collymore outlines heated conversation with Gabriel Agbonlahor ...
BG in "hyping useless has been" SHOCKER!

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I would think Ronnie Knight or Kenneth Noye would pass that. I dont think Ashley will give Benitez millions to waste as the board did at Liverpool but think they have the players along with Villa to do well provided they can keep them and they are motivated. At Villa a fit motivated Agbonlahor will tear holes in the championship defences.

Am starting to think this is a spoof account.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
CgZ8IrVWIAADo7b.jpg

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here