Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Development squad

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Do I remember rightly that the development squad are now playing in a newly set up league? If so does anyone have any information?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Brian Owen tweeted tonight that the details are still embargoed but that Albion fans "will enjoy DS U-21 league home games at the Amex"

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Not allowed to be revealed

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Brian Owen tweeted tonight that the details are still embargoed but that Albion fans "will enjoy DS U-21 league home games at the Amex"

Fantastic - Albion games for those without endlessly deep pockets and at The Amex as well. Hopefully get some good crowds in. I guess season ticket holders may get reduced or free entry....?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

He said "some" home league games, just to clear that up

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Also in this league the goalkeeper can be of any age. I'm pretty sure you can have a few players over the age, similar to the olympic football set up

PottowSeagull

Mar 20, 2012
Basically, it is a new league system being set up to benefit clubs with jazzy academy systems, so they can improve youth football and get the best players for less money off other clubs. Is called the Elite Player Performance Plan.
All in All will mean a few reserves (Harley and sexy Pete) plus our young boys will get to play top clubs from premier league and top academies in Eng on a weekly basis on a Sunday, which means they can still be included in the first team squad on the Sat.
The fixtures have already been released for the top group I think, so you can go on and work out the clubs Albion will face!!
Will run all year with a knock out system after the groups are finished, so hopefully a tv station will pick it up.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I understand the squad can also include players who are coming back from injury as well as the development squad and a keeper of any age, not sure that reserve players will get to play

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
According to Ipswich website TWTD we're in Division 2 - South with:

Barnet
Brentford
Brighton
Bristol City
Cardiff
Colchester
Ipswich
Millwall
QPR