Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Development Squad Players Released

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As Battipiedi isn't on the list of released players is that because he was on a short term contract or is he being retained ?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
As Battipiedi isn't on the list of released players is that because he was on a short term contract or is he being retained ?

Thought Battipiedi was just playing with us to help his fitness

Apparently we originally offered him a 6-month development squad deal last summer (whether this was to do him a favour of some sort, or whether we felt he might ever make the first team again, I have no idea). However, he did his cruciate ligament playing for us in a pre-season friendly. He went back to Argentina for surgery. In February, we honoured our offer and he was signed until the end of the season.

I assume he has now been released.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Assuming your namesake was also released (no mention in the article, but I'm sure we only gave him a short-term contract), the DS squad is now made up of:-

Toby Agdestein
Emil Asmundsson
George Barker
Bradley Barry
Brennan Dickenson
Jake Forster-Caskey
Shamir Goodwin
Rob Hunt
Rohan Ince
Vitalijs Maksimenko
Solly March
Glen Rea
Courtney Richards
Grant Smith (GK)
Christian Walton (GK)

JFC and solly promoted to first team from July, per gus, lol

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Surprised about Anton tbh. From reports and highlights I always thought he looked/ sounded like a good prospect. Apparently not.

Does this mean the Liverpool friendly for July 10 is off now?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Who was the kiddie playing for Luton last year? He was highly rated by them I remember reading. I'd love to see a few more of these players breaking through. I'd like to see Toby given a decent crack at least. His cameo against Newcastle was pretty good.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Not surprised about Sampayo. It sounded like he signed his own death warrant during his evidence in the first trial going on the transcripts.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Who was the kiddie playing for Luton last year? He was highly rated by them I remember reading. I'd love to see a few more of these players breaking through. I'd like to see Toby given a decent crack at least. His cameo against Newcastle was pretty good.

Kasim. One of the released players.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not surprised about Sampayo. It sounded like he signed his own death warrant during his evidence in the first trial going on the transcripts.

Having watched him play at Lancing, he wasn't good enough regardless of his personal life.

Bruno

Jul 2, 2012

I heard he had some 'disciplinary' problems while he was there. Shame as he looked very good in the SSCF the year before last.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
I've not seen Richards in action, but I follow him on twitter. He has a brilliant attitude and always seems gracious for the opportunity to develop under our club's eyes.

I've seen him play twice in the DS. He plays the Bridcutt role, and boy does he play it well! He's got quick feet and great vision, as well as good strength. I think he could learn a lot from LB, and is definitely a player with potential to step up if/when LB goes premier league bound.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Shame about Kasim. I thought he was a bit of a Dennis Wise style player; strong, annoying, very aware. I liked him.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Bergkamp was bought for the first team, the fact he's spent the last 2 years not doing a whole lot in the DS says it all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here