developement squad

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lush

Mods' Pet
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC
90: GOAL! Dobbie with a deft chip to add a fourth goal for Albion. #BHAFC 4 #ITFC 0

BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC
FT: Albion see off Ipswich Town with a professional display in difficult conditions at Culver Road. #BHAFC 4 #ITFC 0

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
In my opinion Hoskins Is a better all round player than CMS.

Disagree, think CMS better all round but Hoskins better finisher.

That said who would you have rather had, Heskey who was great but couldn't shoot or Inzagi who did f*** all except score bucketloads?

If CMS is worth 3M and Hoskins we couldn't even shift, I know which I'd rather sell on. Both be better to keep obviously but only if can bring in the defender we need.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Disagree, think CMS better all round but Hoskins better finisher.

That said who would you have rather had, Heskey who was great but couldn't shoot or Inzagi who did f*** all except score bucketloads?

If CMS is worth 3M and Hoskins we couldn't even shift, I know which I'd rather sell on. Both be better to keep obviously but only if can bring in the defender we need.
Agreed. Which i why I think Hoskins is the better option as a loan striker if provided with good service.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would be good to see Hoskins and CMS on the bench on Saturday and take the game to Wednesday rather than sit back and wait for an opening and continue to defend deep.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Went to the bgame tonight. Ince looked decent at the back but defensive midfielder is his normal role. Very commanding going forward and he's bloody huge.

In awful conditions sampayo stood out as did march and oatway. Hoskins took goals well and looked hungry

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Hoskins and Dobbie head and shoulders above most of the others. Into the wind and the rain in the first half, then second half the rain stopped and the wind dropped. Ipswich fielded a very young (small) team. Sampayo was bigger than their substitute winger. Not a lot to learn in the first half conditions - except that a couple of players did not appear to fancy it. We still went in one up after a good ball by Dobbie was it, and a good run by March. Second half we created a number of chances and started having a shot rather than over-passing as we did first half. Well taken volley from Hoskins and a lovely dink from Dobbie to finish a good passing move. I have said it before but there seems a massive gulf between the development and first team.

Gus was there, not looking unhappy. I wonder if his trip to Amsterdam went well ?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
How did Kasim do? For some reason I think he'll make it

In difficult conditions against a very young mobile Ipswich midfield I thought he did well. He can retain possession and does look to go forward if possible and retain possession if not. Looked a good tackler as well. To be honest - it was not the night to judge a player properly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports