Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Destiny Udogie

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I hope I'm wrong with this, but I can't help but think that this suggests Cucurella is destined for Man City this window. We could quite possibly play Tross at LWB or March for a while but I'm sure that we would be looking for a longer term replacement and this guy seems to fit the bill.
I'm hoping that we may be able to hang onto Cucu for another season. All the local City fans up here think Cucurella to City is a done deal and that City are looking to offload Zinchenko. Hopefully all the pieces of that jigsaw won't fit together and that we keep Cucurella.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I hope I'm wrong with this, but I can't help but think that this suggests Cucurella is destined for Man City this window. We could quite possibly play Tross at LWB or March for a while but I'm sure that we would be looking for a longer term replacement and this guy seems to fit the bill.
I'm hoping that we may be able to hang onto Cucu for another season. All the local City fans up here think Cucurella to City is a done deal and that City are looking to offload Zinchenko. Hopefully all the pieces of that jigsaw won't fit together and that we keep Cucurella.
Cucu will leave. I’d say that’s almost a certainty. The calibre of clubs likely to be interested are the very best. And the Kane saga has shown players that if you don’t get that move you may never- big clubs just move on to the next next option (or in Haaland’s case even better).
This guy is obviously very talented- full season in Serie A, Italy U21 international and Italy desperate to keep him. Linked with Juve and Inter. Any truth in it and he is coming as a first team squad member without question.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

As the season ended I did warned my global team of spotters about this very eventuality.
Linked with X only because Cucu is 'definitely' leaving.

Enid and Maurice bought this to my attention, reminding me of my own words.
I thought long and hard about making this official, but went with it balancing up the probability.

My rational, although Gladis thinks I couldn't be more wrong, is that the club wouldn't have had LBW on the agenda, for this window.
Then had to have done a full 180 at Christmas, knowing fall well if not now he'll definitely be gone in 12 months
Therefore buying 19 year old Des, suddenly makes all the sense in the world.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
So Udinese appear to be in the process of acquiring a new left-back. It might mean absolutely nothing, but I wonder whether it signals that Udogie might be on the move?

[tweet]1532700428202389504[/tweet]

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Excellent - one for the future season conveyer belt. The sort of signings I really like.

If he signs I wouldn't be surprised if USG is the first stop and the champions league qualifiers.

If we're genuinely interested in him I'd be very surprised if we sent him to USG. He's played for Italy in all the age groups from U16 - U21 and he played 35 times in Serie A for Udinese last season, scoring five and getting three assists. You don't go from there to Belgium.

Wiki has him as a left back but on the transfermarkt link it's got him playing most of his games in left midfield. I think we're looking at him(if indeed we are) as a complement to rather than replacement for Cucurella although if City came in with an offer we can't refuse he'd be a ready made replacement.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
So Udinese appear to be in the process of acquiring a new left-back. It might mean absolutely nothing, but I wonder whether it signals that Udogie might be on the move?

He’s only on loan there I believe.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

He’s only on loan there I believe.

He was on loan at Udinese from Verona, with a reported obligation or option to buy. Maybe they aren't exercising that option, or even if they have to sign him he's going to be moved on very quickly as bigger clubs are now calling and they can cash in.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If we're genuinely interested in him I'd be very surprised if we sent him to USG. He's played for Italy in all the age groups from U16 - U21 and he played 35 times in Serie A for Udinese last season, scoring five and getting three assists. You don't go from there to Belgium.

Wiki has him as a left back but on the transfermarkt link it's got him playing most of his games in left midfield. I think we're looking at him(if indeed we are) as a complement to rather than replacement for Cucurella although if City came in with an offer we can't refuse he'd be a ready made replacement.

I suspect that City are after Cucurella, and the only issue to be resolved is the fee. NSC seems to think that Tony will only pay attention once £60m is mentioned, but £50m should make him think.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I suspect that City are after Cucurella, and the only issue to be resolved is the fee. NSC seems to think that Tony will only pay attention once £60m is mentioned, but £50m should make him think.

I'm very much pursuing a wait and see policy with Cucurella. I know there have been rumours about M<an City and Cucurella but NSC is going to amplify anything concerning it. I agree that 50m will get Bloom thinking and I also think that Man City will happily pay it. If they want him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Indeed. No chance this guy is playing in Belgium next season, whatever happens.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
I'm not sure whether Marino was talking before or after we supposedly came in for Udogie, but the Udinese director had this to say yesterday:-

[tweet] 1532990465116672000 [/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not sure whether Marino was talking before or after we supposedly came in for Udogie, but the Udinese director had this to say yesterday:-

Well we can fairly safely say he's off - all that remains is where too.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Pah! He’d become much more betterer (sic) if he were to come to the world- shattering academy and youth set-up which is Brighton and Hove Albion!!!:albion2:

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020

I definitely recall a lot of similar stuff coming out of Getafe last summer regards Cucurella.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here