May 5, 2008
Des must be so old now, bless him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry, I'll be catching up with last night's 606 :lolol:
You'll enjoy it. It was surprisingly good. I suspect that Savage was txting on his phone for most of it, meaning he had insufficient time/focus to be a tit. :cool:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I did momentarily wonder whether I thought he’d already passed when I saw the thread title. Delighted to realise he obviously hasn’t!
I met him at the Amex in the boardroom about 12 years ago and he looked very old then! Surprised he’s still going.

Bit of a miserable old sod by all accounts

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I did momentarily wonder whether I thought he’d already passed when I saw the thread title. Delighted to realise he obviously hasn’t!
That's why I was very careful how I wrote the thread title. I am not a WUM. :wink:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I met him at the Amex in the boardroom about 12 years ago and he looked very old then! Surprised he’s still going.

Bit of a miserable old sod by all accounts

Met him at a promotion party and occasionally when out walking the dog years ago. Always extremely pleasant.

I did see him being picked up by a taxi at the Amex a few years ago and he did look very frail :down:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I sold him a Barbour jacket in Harrods a month before the Grand National in 1997, a surreal moment talking Albion things with him. Not miserable that day, just oozed charisma. But that was 'a while ago' admittedly! ;)
Blimey, that must've been just a few weeks before our date with destiny at Hereford. We'd have still been adrift at the bottom of the League around then. Plenty to talk about!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I was fortunate enough to spend a matchday in thr directors box for our 1 nil win against Leicester back in the championship days. I felt a bit out of place and disconnected from most people in there but Des Lynam was there and very engaging he asked if we enjoyed our meal. I was a guest of the editor of nuts magazine who awkwardly explained to him what it was. He said something like "I'm not familiar with nuts magazine, perhaps it's for a different target audience"

With respect to him, he seemed quite elderly back then which must have been 10 years ago. Hopefully he is doing well. He was a great figure of support in our dark days and having someone of his stature banging the Albion drum must have helped a great deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here