Derren Brown - Tonight

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Brown will take an ordinary person and set them a series of challenges. These will culminate in a split-second decision as to whether to take control of a Boeing 737 full of passengers that the person believes is about to crash at 500mph.

On his blog Brown says: "I hope it's a show that people take something from. We easily let life pass us by, and ultimately this is about engaging with life and understanding that it is the choices we make right now that define us, not what we've done in the past.

"One unwitting volunteer gets to have a deep understanding of this, and for him to experience real and lasting change, I have to push him to the extreme."

:clap2:

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
On one hand I'd absolutely love to see him more than anyone else I can think of, but on the other I wouldn't want to be the subject of his work so I'll always bottle it. What would you say the most amazing thing he did the night you saw him was?

Just the whole show, like many of his other live shows, the ending just fitted together so well. The whole show was based on 'Nothing is random'. One to name....

He asks everyone in the crowd to stand if they have ever lost anybody in their life was was very close to them, a fair few people stand. Out the frisbee goes, which was then thrown again by somebody in the crowd (as he does for all of his 'tricks'). He asks the person who has it to hand it to the closest person to them who was standing. So the volunteer would appear completly random, yes? He ask's this person to name the person who they sadly lost, They name 'PRISCILLA' Anyway... on stage in a bowl i think, was a large ball of string (which had been there before the frisbee was originaly thrown out.) He passes the end of the string to a person in the front row, who passes it back to the person behind them and so on until the string had completly unraveled. To reveal a box that was wrapped up in the string, He again throws the frisbee out to get anothe random volunteer. Who come up to open the box, in the box was a coin which he asks the volunteer to pick up and read what is engraved on it, sure enough it read 'PRICILLA'

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Just the whole show, like many of his other live shows, the ending just fitted together so well. The whole show was based on 'Nothing is random'. One to name....

He asks everyone in the crowd to stand if they have ever lost anybody in their life was was very close to them, a fair few people stand. Out the frisbee goes, which was then thrown again by somebody in the crowd (as he does for all of his 'tricks'). He asks the person who has it to hand it to the closest person to them who was standing. So the volunteer would appear completly random, yes? He ask's this person to name the person who they sadly lost, They name 'PRISCILLA' Anyway... on stage in a bowl i think, was a large ball of string (which had been there before the frisbee was originaly thrown out.) He passes the end of the string to a person in the front row, who passes it back to the person behind them and so on until the string had completly unraveled. To reveal a box that was wrapped up in the string, He again throws the frisbee out to get anothe random volunteer. Who come up to open the box, in the box was a coin which he asks the volunteer to pick up and read what is engraved on it, sure enough it read 'PRICILLA'

We dont agree on Murray's ability Hitman but on this we do. It was unbelievable. Awesome. brilliant. Had to see it to believe it.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Looking forward to it. I never realised he was gay till I read lots of his interviews last year. Bloody good performer.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009

So he missed out the S?

What a JOKE.

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
Other 'tricks' that night include..

- Putting a man in a trance and getting him to lie flat on two backs of cheers, literally tip of head and heel's and this bloke was dead flat like a plank of wood.

- Correctly guessing the time on a watch that had been randomly set, and placed in tin foil.

The best part of the show was then ending, but i will not spoil that for you, but when it comes out on tv, you will be left speechless!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Other 'tricks' that night include..

- Putting a man in a trance and getting him to lie flat on two backs of cheers, literally tip of head and heel's and this bloke was dead flat like a plank of wood.

- Correctly guessing the time on a watch that had been randomly set, and placed in tin foil.

The best part of the show was then ending, but i will not spoil that for you, but when it comes out on tv, you will be left speechless!

The ending was bloody brilliant and left me gobsmacked, it was a fantastic night of entertainment and I will definitely be going to see him again.

Can't wait for this tonight.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Bloody hell, he's just up the road from me as we speak, at Leeds-Bradford airport. I might go up and look over the fence!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports