Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby sack Paul Clement

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Promotion form to stay up at the end of last season and I believe that Ranieri is using much the same squad this year? He might be a complet ******** but that doesn't make him a shit manager IMO. I think he'd turn Derby around, if they gave him the job but they appear to be going down a more risky route

I agree with you, I think Pearson is a decent Football Manager and coach; however sometimes the man fronting your club as manager often says a lot about the Chairman themselves.

He appointed CH widely perceived to be very well liked within the footballing world in and around the UK. He appointed Sammy Hypia and despite his failure on the field he also conducted himself very well in the Public Eye.

Garcia I admit I don't know too much about but I think the Chairman got his fingers burned a bit by Poyet's antics in the media. I don't think that is the sort of person he wants to see ''Fronting'' the club

I think even though he wants success on the field, I think he wants the club to have a good public perception as well.

The Nigel Pearson's, the Gus Poyet's, the Paulo Di Canio's, the Phil Brown's, the Alan Pardew's and the Jose Maurhino's of this the footballing world. YES they keep your club in the headlines because the Press milk them for their antics but they seldom win your club any friends outside of the club - This is an issue because as soon as you get to the Premiership, you become ''Global Brand'' and ''Global Commodity''

Tony Bloom comes across as a very decent well liked honourable type of guy and I think that's the package he wants to in the future be able to sell Brighton to the public as.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I guess these sacked managers gain compensation for their sacking,for all i know they built that into their annual income. I just wonder if managers could only be replaced out of season what would the outcome be ?......( Yes OK with SH we would now be in League 1,i know )

Yes, but under a new manager in League 1 we'd have had a magnificent start to the season and be flying along at or near the top of the league and dreaming of promotion ......... oh!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Even if Derby manage to maintain their play off position they're a shadow of the team that beat us four times in the 2013/14 season. A team that played without fear up until the last minute winner from Bobby.
Fixed.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Maybe the last straw was Clement last week reverting pretty much to last years team, chairman may have wondered why he spent 26 odd million to see most of the players in the stand or on the bench, its too late in the season to have no idea of your best team, too many purchases to bed in at once, lets hope Middlesborough go the same way!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I still maintain they'll be a new high profile manager in there by the end of the month.
They are playing the next 2 Saturday's then the new man will be in place by the following Tuesday.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Its such a senseless, moronic decision, and the club statement is such a load of old GUFF and FLANNEL, that there simply has to be more to it than is being stated. I think Morris and Clement have had a major barney behind the scenes, possibly off the back of Morris's regular post-match forays into the dressing room, and its all gone off from there.

This, I reckon.......Clement probably told him to stop it, he was then told 'I write the cheques, I'll do what I want.....'

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Unfortunately, I think that is likely to happen. You can't deny the quality of their squad.

Agree, I'm far from writing them off. Most put it down to the Chairman but I'm not so sure that the players haven't had a say in this either.

Whatever, I suspect we'll see a quite different Derby performance on Saturday, and a home game v the Franchise couldn't have been planned any better!

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Internet and radio chatter this morning (TalkSport) that the chairman was getting involved in picking the side........ They'll be doomed if there is any truth in that.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Internet and radio chatter this morning (TalkSport) that the chairman was getting involved in picking the side........ They'll be doomed if there is any truth in that.

If thats the case they will find it tough getting a decent manager to work under those conditions

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apparently it wasn't the results but the style of play that the owner objected to. Nothing to do with 7 games without a win, all about failure to 'play the Derby way'. Mentalists :lolol:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
It's a plot.

Ince will take over. He's far too good to just play on the wing. He can manage the club, pick himself in every position. They they will win every game six nil, with him scoring all the goals obviously.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Copied from a BTL comment on The Guardian's report.....
"Almost all signings have been questionable, but it's equally questionable as to how much of a say Clement's had on them. I really hope academy products such as Hendrick and Hughes don't end up out the door",

Made me think of Oscar and Sami - common denominator? Burke

Yes ,you are right.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This, I reckon.......Clement probably told him to stop it, he was then told 'I write the cheques, I'll do what I want.....'

Well it would explain someone promoted from within, someone who the chairman believes he will have more control over (or already has significant control over) - marvellous scenes

And is it just me, or is Ince the most over rated player in this division, all hype - no end result

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here