Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Derby docked nine (more) points

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Surely Derby fans have suffered enough already?

El Press, appreciate this might be one for the podcast rather than here but could Derby (or Wycombe or Boro) not sue Mel Morris?

This case is a bit different to the usual overspending as he's deliberately broken rules on the accounting process that's caused the issues. Or am I being hopeful?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
El Press, appreciate this might be one for the podcast rather than here but could Derby (or Wycombe or Boro) not sue Mel Morris?

This case is a bit different to the usual overspending as he's deliberately broken rules on the accounting process that's caused the issues. Or am I being hopeful?

It wouldn’t work. They would need grounds to sue, and financial mismanagement and creative accounting are not in themselves offences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I see some DULLARD has been talking about this subject on Colin Murray's Radio 5 show tonight - started just after 23:00 if anyone wants to listen on catch-up.
Yeah listened to said DULLARD on the way home.

I actually liked it when he spoke though, as it meant Colin "it's all about me" Murray wasn't.

It did seem odd that the Derby fan spokesman they had on seemed reluctant to blame our DULLARD, which flies in the face of some of the clown fans on their forum who are all too happy to blame him for "stirring it". :wanker: :wanker: :wanker:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yeah listened to said DULLARD on the way home.

I actually liked it when he spoke though, as it meant Colin "it's all about me" Murray wasn't.

It did seem odd that the Derby fan spokesman they had on seemed reluctant to blame our DULLARD, which flies in the face of some of the clown fans on their forum who are all too happy to blame him for "stirring it". :wanker: :wanker: :wanker:

The DULLARD honestly did it good faith as could see the creative accounting and financial chicanery were putting the club's future as risk. TBF most Derby fans have been decent and measured, but the 'No one likes a grass' faction blame the club's demise on me.

Colin is a good guy, heart is certainly in the right place, and possibly the sweariest person I've worked with.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Return the game to the fans! When did fans own the game in the first place?

My poor wording. I’m just a little tired of the slick spivs running the game. I would like to see a more fan friendly model introduced. The current system simply rewards money spent but you’re right it is little different from the structure in the Victorian era. Now we have murderous regimes of course rather than mill owners.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
My poor wording. I’m just a little tired of the slick spivs running the game. I would like to see a more fan friendly model introduced. The current system simply rewards money spent but you’re right it is little different from the structure in the Victorian era. Now we have murderous regimes of course rather than mill owners.

I don't think Candy Crush was that bad?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
[tweet]1484196522535358468[/tweet]

[tweet]1484190230701752326[/tweet]

[tweet]1484186454364327941[/tweet]

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Haven't kept up with this, why have Middlesbrough and Wycombe got involved?

Middlesbrough are suing derby for the financial shenanigans around their ground sale, claiming it cheated them out of a place in the play offs. Similarly, Wycombe are suing because they were relegated instead of Derby when Derby were challenging the EFL sanctions for their cheating.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Middlesbrough are suing derby for the financial shenanigans around their ground sale, claiming it cheated them out of a place in the play offs. Similarly, Wycombe are suing because they were relegated instead of Derby when Derby were challenging the EFL sanctions for their cheating.

Nope, the process around the ground sale is done, the EFL and then Middlesbrough failed in that 'prosecution'. Middlesbrough are claiming their £45m because they missed out on the play offs once (on EFL appeal) it was concluded that Derby broke 'FFP' rules. Wycombe are claiming some sort of recompense based on the same set of events.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Nope, the process around the ground sale is done, the EFL and then Middlesbrough failed in that 'prosecution'. Middlesbrough are claiming their £45m because they missed out on the play offs once (on EFL appeal) it was concluded that Derby broke 'FFP' rules. Wycombe are claiming some sort of recompense based on the same set of events.

I was close!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

That's Bolshie talk ???

Not that I disagree with it :shrug:

Some will consider mill owners of that era murderous regimes.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

What exactly do you mean by 'fan friendly'?

Maybe a little more transparency wouldn't go amiss but I doubt you could get all fans to agree anything.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Bit harsh on Wycombe as had the matters been dealt with promptly and the points deducted last season Wycombe would have stayed up. Middlesborough's claim however would open up a can of worms across all leagues.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Bit harsh on Wycombe as had the matters been dealt with promptly and the points deducted last season Wycombe would have stayed up. Middlesborough's claim however would open up a can of worms across all leagues.

Had it all been done and dusted promptly, it would have been the season before. You know that season where Wycombe finished 8th and got promoted! In all serious, I kind of agree that the Wycombe claim has more legitimacy, at least one could argue that Derby were the beneficiaries in that case. Derby had no benefit in 2018/19 season bar a marvellous evening out at Leeds whatever money made from the play off final.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here