Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Derby County Vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Match Day thread***

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Although it is has become apparent that SM hasn't the ability to manage our club please do not kid yourselves that this is a good squad. It is ordinary at best and maybe just good enough to escape relegation with the right man in charge. Anyone who seriously believes that this bunch could have challenged for the play offs again was deluded.
Definitely not the playoffs but 2nd or 3rd from bottom, no way. It's a better squad than that, especially now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No doubt Sami will be taking heart from the fact we played quite well once we went 3-0 down

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
A thumping today will hopefully see the manager gone by Monday and 3 points on Friday, can't see us beating Millwall with Hyypia in charge.

We wont win Friday no matter who is in charge , if you cannot afford to maintain your Ferrari it breaks down no matter who is driving it, pretty much the same with a football club

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Friday will be like Billy Smarts Circus with Holloway and Hyppia in charge

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Got to feel sorry for the fans that have travelled today, All that way, All that money and game over after 20 mins.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's been in my mind for a while that TB's plan is to give SH the winter transfer window to turn things round (with some new players) and maybe replace him with a firefighter type of manager if one was needed with ten or twelve matches to go. I don't think that is tenable any more.

But whoever we replace Sami with (and whenever) it will be futile unless the recruitment organisation is completely ditched, and replaced with a chief scout and a scouting team directly responsible to the manager (with financial constraints to work within, obviously).

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Paddy Power are offering 3/4 Derby and 7/2 Brighton

More faith in the Albion than most here have

Surely 3/4 is free money

Anyone else cashing in? Whip round with the proceeds to pay the Finn off

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Players are giving it a go, which does tell me they are fighting for the manager. Just zero cinfidence and the setup is wrong against Derby.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I tuned in and started watching after the goals had been scored. It has been a competent away performance since then. Notably since Ince arrived. Can we start again ?

Last edited:

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
It is quite clear that after this abysmal team selection and performance the club should refund all ticket holders their money. Nothing less from Tony and the club will suffice. If he and Barber do not do this they will have gone way down in my estimation.

Supporters have given up their time and money to travel half way up the country to have their club perform like this. Total rubbish Bloom, Barber, Hypia, Jones and all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here