Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Derby - Away Support

Crewton Ram

Jan 10, 2013
If Saturday's game was at the AMEX how many do you think you'd bring ???

Hard to say tbh. I think maybe a couple of thousand, but with Christmas not far away, some might be put off. We've got Ipswich away the weekend after next and I think about 2k there looks possible.

You lot have further to go than most, so I wouldn't criticise your away support whatever. Neither of us will be able to match Forest's away support it's just a pity their home support is so shit.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
What a load of nonsense. Our fans regularly chant Bobby Zamora to counter the inevitable tedious shite that everyone from Forest to MK Dons throw at us. I guarantee that the biggest cheer he'll get on Saturday will be from our supporters. This is a big game of course, but no Derby fans hate Brighton, I can assure you of that.

Glad to hear it, have never hated a player just because they've done well against us. If they dive/cheat (we all know who I mean here) or give it the big one to the fans then it's a different story.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Hard to say tbh. I think maybe a couple of thousand, but with Christmas not far away, some might be put off. We've got Ipswich away the weekend after next and I think about 2k there looks possible.

You lot have further to go than most, so I wouldn't criticise your away support whatever. Neither of us will be able to match Forest's away support it's just a pity their home support is so shit.

They make a bit of noise when they join in with Mull of Kintyre at the start to be fair, but that's pretty much it after that!

Crewton Ram

Jan 10, 2013
Glad to hear it, have never hated a player just because they've done well against us. If they dive/cheat (we all know who I mean here) or give it the big one to the fans then it's a different story.
Spot on pal. We've all got idiots who follow us, but proper football fans know that Bobby Zamora is a true pro and whatever he did against us was nothing personal.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
I'm not convinced. Apart from local games and cup/play offs I can't remember us taking more than 2000 anywhere, which when you think we're getting 20000+ at home is disappointing. Especially now we're top of the league.

Our away support when we were at Withdean was class, relatively big numbers given the amount of supporters back then, lots of songs and lots of noise even if we're losing.

Now it's just a quiet block made up of drunks, supporters club, northerners, kids and a few people who like driving the M1 more than most. That's not a criticism of those groups, but it's a crying shame when you compare to most teams knocking around the top of the Championship.
I am none of what you quote, drunks, kids, supporters club etc but I enjoy the buzz of the games and the day/weekend away.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The make a bit of noise when they join in with Mull of Kintyre at the start to be fair, but that's pretty much it after that!

What is the connection between NFFC and Mull of Kintyre out of interest ?

Crewton Ram

Jan 10, 2013
What is the connection between NFFC and Mull of Kintyre out of interest ?
There isn't one. It doesn't even rhyme, but they're so proud of it you'd think they wrote the original. It's not as if the Trent is a particularly attractive river. The Derwent is about 100 yards from our ground but we don't make a song and dance about it. They're basically just a shitter version of Crystal Palace - totally obsessed with a dung heap of a stadium that doesn't meet modern standards.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
There isn't one. It doesn't even rhyme, but they're so proud of it you'd think they wrote the original. It's not as if the Trent is a particularly attractive river. The Derwent is about 100 yards from our ground but we don't make a song and dance about it. They're basically just a shitter version of Crystal Palace - totally obsessed with a dung heap of a stadium that doesn't meet modern standards.

:D:lolol:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
What a load of nonsense. Our fans regularly chant Bobby Zamora to counter the inevitable tedious shite that everyone from Forest to MK Dons throw at us. I guarantee that the biggest cheer he'll get on Saturday will be from our supporters. This is a big game of course, but no Derby fans hate Brighton, I can assure you of that.

We've no problem with Derby fans either. Usually have a good drink and a laugh up there with the rams. Playoff semi you blew us away and I would have been happy to see you go up on the back of that.

PG

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry, may not have been clear, I meant that they were weird groups to split our away fans into (and not a fair reflection). I am also going to be there on Saturday but still trying to work out which of the groups I fit into.

I know. My post was tongue in cheek. I am proud of being a nerd Mr pink fairy. That's a compliment.

Spinal Wheels

Apr 9, 2012
Newick

Well, well, I look forward to listening all you Derby fans cheering Bobby Zamora then if that's the case, especially if he scores a very late winner on Saturday afternoon. I'd like to say that we Brighton fans will do the same for Chris Martin Lol
WHAT A LOAD OF TOSH

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I didn't use the word 'weird', I just generalised our away support.

I stand by what I said, a club with our fanbase and current league position should be selling out this huge game, but we'll only take about 1200 probably.

Appreciate I'll have egg on my face if it turns out we've sold more than 3000!
It's too early in the season to be called a 'big' game....it's not a 6 pointer as it would be if the game and current league positions were moved to mid March or early April...if it was we would sell any amount of tickets provided by Derby...12-1400 this weekend in my view.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I was on the first special train from Brighton and the away terraces were heaving. I seem to recall that the 3rd train did not make it to Derby after breaking down, or was that another game? Edit - just read it could have been 4 trains
The broken down train was Forest.....I am still thawing out.....lol

SpaceRam

Dec 8, 2015
Hey, the good people of North Stand Chat. Sorry for the long intro post.

I first visited you lovely ground and forum for the playoff game. Some on here are understandably surprised at the thought of there being many thousands of DCFC flags out for this encounter. That comes from the (Zamora) playoff final. We all know QPR has rubbish fans, but the club gave every one who could be bothered to go to Wembley on the day a free flag and it actually looked damn impressive.

We’re both forward-thinking clubs and ours is always listening to fans and looking for ways to improve atmosphere. Unfortunately for you that means away fans are no longer behind the goal in the South Stand, but instead relegated to the adjacent corner. The South Stand is now a designated singing stand. And this year some supporters formed the 1884 Group to try to improve atmosphere before and during games. One of their initiatives was to raise money to buy a lot of flags, inspired by the playoff final. This worked well and our lovely new wealthy local owner liked what they achieved so much that he’s agreed to take on the funding of the Group. Those of you coming will be impressed by the results.

Meanwhile, it should be a brilliant game. Like you I laugh at the strange comments that “you’ve not played anyone decent yet”. It’s halfway through the campaign FFS! Unbeaten is incredible at this stage and four points clear of (us in) third place you deserve to be favourites for promotion. If this wasn’t such a weird year then our records would mean we were both miles clear at the top, but we all know there are five teams in the mix and it will be heartbreak for three.

Our confidence stems from having a dreadful start to the campaign (no win in the first five games) yet we have been able to catch the group. However, we actually caught the group a few games ago and now find ourselves four points adrift. Any of you who came to that playoff second leg and what was an exhilarating win for us (though I acknowledge it could have been different had Hendrick been sent off for a clumsy challenge), will see a very different Derby at the weekend.

Free-flowing attacking verve has been replaced by professional pragmatism. We still keep the ball and play attractively, but the bottom line is controlling the overall game and not conceding goals. We’ve got better and better at this as the season has progressed, so now have the best defensive record in the league. We’ve only conceded one goal in the last six games and, like most goals we’ve conceded this season, that was a deflected shot from outside the box.

We were poor on Sunday and are very unlikely to be poor again for a second game in a row. Your boys should be on a high after such an epic comeback. There’s no better game to watch that going two down early on, but coming back to win 3-2 at the death. For this game, I suspect whoever scores first will claim the points.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The weather outlook for Saturday looks potentially wet, and cool. For us soft southerners, it'll probably feel cold at about 8C. There's an outside chance of it being colder than this, as there will be a steep temp gradient from Scotland to S England, and it depends on where the divide sits (the cold air is currently forecast to be over Scotland and Northern England, where they may get snow).

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hey, the good people of North Stand Chat. Sorry for the long intro post.

I first visited you lovely ground and forum for the playoff game. Some on here are understandably surprised at the thought of there being many thousands of DCFC flags out for this encounter. That comes from the (Zamora) playoff final. We all know QPR has rubbish fans, but the club gave every one who could be bothered to go to Wembley on the day a free flag and it actually looked damn impressive.

We’re both forward-thinking clubs and ours is always listening to fans and looking for ways to improve atmosphere. Unfortunately for you that means away fans are no longer behind the goal in the South Stand, but instead relegated to the adjacent corner. The South Stand is now a designated singing stand. And this year some supporters formed the 1884 Group to try to improve atmosphere before and during games. One of their initiatives was to raise money to buy a lot of flags, inspired by the playoff final. This worked well and our lovely new wealthy local owner liked what they achieved so much that he’s agreed to take on the funding of the Group. Those of you coming will be impressed by the results.

Meanwhile, it should be a brilliant game. Like you I laugh at the strange comments that “you’ve not played anyone decent yet”. It’s halfway through the campaign FFS! Unbeaten is incredible at this stage and four points clear of (us in) third place you deserve to be favourites for promotion. If this wasn’t such a weird year then our records would mean we were both miles clear at the top, but we all know there are five teams in the mix and it will be heartbreak for three.

Our confidence stems from having a dreadful start to the campaign (no win in the first five games) yet we have been able to catch the group. However, we actually caught the group a few games ago and now find ourselves four points adrift. Any of you who came to that playoff second leg and what was an exhilarating win for us (though I acknowledge it could have been different had Hendrick been sent off for a clumsy challenge), will see a very different Derby at the weekend.

Free-flowing attacking verve has been replaced by professional pragmatism. We still keep the ball and play attractively, but the bottom line is controlling the overall game and not conceding goals. We’ve got better and better at this as the season has progressed, so now have the best defensive record in the league. We’ve only conceded one goal in the last six games and, like most goals we’ve conceded this season, that was a deflected shot from outside the box.

We were poor on Sunday and are very unlikely to be poor again for a second game in a row. Your boys should be on a high after such an epic comeback. There’s no better game to watch that going two down early on, but coming back to win 3-2 at the death. For this game, I suspect whoever scores first will claim the points.

Welcome [MENTION=33721]SpaceRam[/MENTION]

Would you take a 0-0 draw?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here