Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby allocated extra play off tickets for the Amex

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Thousands are left on sale at present - huge areas of 'good availability' so can't see this being over 26000 in my opinion. Anyone wanting a ticket by now would have bought it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Thousands are left on sale at present - huge areas of 'good availability' so can't see this being over 26000 in my opinion. Anyone wanting a ticket by now would have bought it.

It seems from reported sales figures that there is 3,500 - 4,000 tickets left before sales this morning ???

Dec 29, 2011

:facepalm: All that panic and people waiting hours in a queue and spending loads of money trying to ring the club - and we're not even close to selling out.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Looking at seats available, I'd estimate about 3k remaining, so at least 27k on the assumption that Derby sell out their allocation. And they only went on general sale today - amidst confusion that it was already sold out due to ST seats not being available until last night - so I'm sure that loads will be sold between now and Thursday night.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Already plenty of green block s have turned red. The tickets do seem to be selling steadily. Glad to see that W3G is fully stocked already.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
If it's all percentage-based, shouldn't we get a larger allocation than them as their stadium has about a 3000 larger capacity?
Or am I being dim? :dunce:

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If it's all percentage-based, shouldn't we get a larger allocation than them as their stadiums has about 3000 larger capacity?
Or am I being dim? :dunce:

The additional tickets Derby have could well tidy things up from a segregation point of view but the same is not applicable at the iPro due to where they position the away fans.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
if we are serious about getting to the EPL and the £100m that comes with it - we should give them as few tickets as possible - and in the corner high up somewhere (WU-South)

giving them nearly the whole end behind the goal is not going to help us.

it makes a difference to both sets of players if at their eye level the whole crowd is supporting brighton.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
if we are serious about getting to the EPL and the £100m that comes with it - we should give them as few tickets as possible - and in the corner high up somewhere (WU-South)

it makes a difference to both sets of players if at their eye level the whole crowd is supporting brighton.

I agree with this. A lot of clubs have hooked on to this in recent seasons and moved away fans as far away from the goal as possible. For the away leg we are upper tier right in the corner.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

You may be right but I'd like to see some evidence for this. I reckon the effect is probably relatively small.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

We tried something similar last Season by putting the away fans in the South East corner with some blocks in East, and some in South.
We dropped that as I guess that away fans were not willing to pay the extra for the tickets in the East.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Attachments

• zaha.jpg
    zaha.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 550

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I agree with this. A lot of clubs have hooked on to this in recent seasons and moved away fans as far away from the goal as possible. For the away leg we are upper tier right in the corner.

Going back a bit but one of the first thing's Martin O'Neill did at Villa was move away fans on to the side. The Amex set-up is poor for big games, especially as boisterous away fans easily drown out the North Stand.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Going back a bit but one of the first thing's Martin O'Neill did at Villa was move away fans on to the side. The Amex set-up is poor for big games, especially as boisterous away fans easily drown out the North Stand.

Leeds did too.... plus Everton off the top of my head.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Leicester - put us in the corner.
Leeds - put us in the corner
Palace - put us in the corner
Derby - put us in the corner
Burnley - put us in the corner

Just off the top of my head.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports