Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Denly and Van Jaarsveld

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Forgive the thread if this has already been debated but i have just found out that these two have left Kent for Middx and Leics respectively.

I believe that some of us are a little underwhelmed by Robinson's signings from last season (Vincent and Khan) so wonder if there was any interest shown by Sussex for these two.

If not then I would retain some fristration that we were not actively looking at them.

CoachVealie

Sep 19, 2011
Forgive the thread if this has already been debated but i have just found out that these two have left Kent for Middx and Leics respectively.

I believe that some of us are a little underwhelmed by Robinson's signings from last season (Vincent and Khan) so wonder if there was any interest shown by Sussex for these two.

If not then I would retain some fristration that we were not actively looking at them.

We just missed out on Graham Onions. That would have been good.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
van Jaarsveld asked to be relesased from his contract which had one more year to run, and he's 37 so no point looking at him.

denely was obviously keen to join Middlesex and will walk into their batting line up whereas out batting line up is fine.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
We just missed out on Graham Onions. That would have been good.

except that he wouldn't have played much for us as he has an international contract..........

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Twelve Sussex players averaged over 33

Five Lancashire players achieved that

Six Lancashire bowler took over 20 Championship wickets

Four Sussex bowlers achieved that.

Lancashire won the Championship. Sussex finished Fifth

I rest my case for improving the bowling..............................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here