Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Leeds United forward Raphinha is close to a move to Barcelona, head coach Jesse Marsch has confirmed.

The deal for the 25-year-old Brazil playmaker is reportedly worth an initial 58m euros (£49m).

"I'm hopeful for him to get this deal done because I know it's his dream to play for Barcelona," Marsch said during the club's tour of Australia.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62118695

With the two big boys gone, they're gonna struggle.....innit?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Leeds United forward Raphinha is close to a move to Barcelona, head coach Jesse Marsch has confirmed.

The deal for the 25-year-old Brazil playmaker is reportedly worth an initial 58m euros (£49m).

"I'm hopeful for him to get this deal done because I know it's his dream to play for Barcelona," Marsch said during the club's tour of Australia.

Hopefully, Everton look like they will be worse as well.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Depends on how well they spend the £90m they've received in fees, I suppose. Spoke to a Leeds fans last summer who wondered if we would struggle when we lost White for 50m last year, but there's no doubt our squad improved when we spent 35m of that fee on Cucurella and Mwepu with change to spare for a load future prospects.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Depends on how well they spend the £90m they've received in fees, I suppose. Spoke to a Leeds fans last summer who wondered if we would struggle when we lost White for 50m last year, but there's no doubt our squad improved when we spent 35m of that fee on Cucurella and Mwepu with change to spare for a load future prospects.

Two points there, it's how well they spend IF they spend big. Will the money be reinvested?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if there's a large cabal of Leeds fans somewhere apoplectic that he would prefer to play for Barcelona over Leeds, as Leeds are clearly the bigger club.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if there's a large cabal of Leeds fans somewhere apoplectic that he would prefer to play for Barcelona over Leeds, as Leeds are clearly the bigger club.

Champions of Europe.... what have Barca ever won?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think Dirty Leeds fans will be happy that they aren’t selling their best players to Manchester United like they normally do.

Smith, Cantona, Jordan, Rio, McQueen.

There does seem to be quite a pattern there.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
200w.gif

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ridiculous. He should be paying them for the privilege of playing for the unquestionably biggest club in the entire universe.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The most LOLs thing about this is that on one hand they thought they had a moral right to sign Ben White on the cheap due to his progress with Leeds that same season, despite the fact that we refused their loan-to-buy proposal because we knew what massive potential he had; and on the other hand they find out that these loan-to-buy agreements work both ways when the player turns out to be shite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here