Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I do feel sorry for Ben White.

This week, instead of playing in, what is more or less a decider for a Champions League place next season, he could be playing for the club he loves more than any other, against a team that cruelly kept him hostage,chained to a radiator , in a game vital to his first loves survival from relegation.

PoorBen, where did it all go wrong?

If he had stayed there, none of this would have happened.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
There is an urban myth that the White Rose was the emblem of the Yorkists in the Wars of the Roses. It was later adopted as the emblem of Yorkshire (albeit that during the Wars of the Roses, Yorkshire was predominantly Lancastrian. Go figure!)

The White Rose was also the name of a small German resistance group operating against the nazis in WW2.

The White Rose is also the name of the group of anti-vax loons who go round putting stickers on lamposts accusing our medics of genocide and threatening them with prosecution for "crimes against humanity" for distributing the covid vaccines.

There may be more. Pick your potato.

The White Rose is depicted on the shoulder boards of a Coldstream Guard, the nickname of that Regiment happens to be the Lillywhites……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am astounded that it has turned out like this for Leeds, they were surely on their way up back to their (short-lived) former glory.

I just don't understand why Bielsa didn't train up some more awesome players like he did when he turned Ben White from no-potential, no-one had ever heard of to a 50m player.

Does the magic only work once ever so often? if so why choose one of our players and not one of theirs'?

None of this makes any sense based on what we have been told by the champions of Europe . . . even this is confusing, I can't even find the record of then winning the European Cup?????

Unless . . . they . . . are . . . . delusional?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
[tweet]1524719194679435264[/tweet]

How times change

218E377F-E72E-4A49-A3AF-F577EDF1F32F.jpeg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Based on not liking to predict a Brighton win

It’s bizarre. Brighton are a better team, Marsch is mad and Leeds can’t keep 11 on the pitch. Draw because of their fans :shrug::lol:

Leeds v Brighton

It is Leeds who I am most worried about from the three teams who could still go down with Watford and Norwich.

Jesse Marsch's side are playing angrily, rather than using their brains, and you cannot win games like that. It is one thing being committed but they have had players sent off in their past two games and that has cost them dearly at the worst possible time, not just in those matches but because they are suspended now too.

James red-card tackle 'crossing the line' - Marsch

Marsch has been reading out quotes from Gandhi, JFK and Mother Teresa before games, but I'm not convinced by that. When a player steps out on the pitch, he is not going to be thinking about that kind of stuff.

The Leeds team have probably heard quotes from Kipling, but think it's Mr Kipling. Either way, I don't think it is going to help them much now.

By the time they play this game, Leeds will know how Burnley got on at Tottenham. It could be that a point will be enough to get them out of the bottom three and, if so, that has to be their absolute goal.

It won't be easy, though. Brighton are going really well and are a much better footballing team than Leeds. The Seagulls keep possession really well. The only way Leeds can get anything out of this is by being ultra-competitive, but they need to keep 11 men on the pitch for starters.

They also need to stay in the game. Channelling Mother Teresa won't help there - Marsch needs to tell his players that they start this game with a point and in their present predicament they have got to make sure they finish the game with one, at the very least. It might mean setting up defensively, and getting people behind the ball rather than flying around at 100mph but that really doesn't matter now.

What they do have on their side is their fans at Elland Road. They were fabulous and stuck with them all the way through Wednesday's 3-0 defeat by Chelsea, and I'm sure they will do the same here.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It’s bizarre. Brighton are a better team, Marsch is mad and Leeds can’t keep 11 on the pitch. Draw because of their fans :shrug::lol:

Can't see much wrong with that really. It's exactly the sort of thing that happens at the end of the season when one team has everything to play for and the other has just, I don't know, lets say destroyed Man U & had their end of season party. The margins in the division are tiny and it will take an ultra professional perfomance from our lot to ignore the emotional whirlpool that the opposition find themselves in and produce a similar performance to last week.

If Marsch's players play the open, attacking Bielsa game, we should take them apart. If they follow Lawrenson's advice, defend the point, and hope for something on the break or from a set piece, they'll have as much chance of getting something as any other team that has employed the low block against us in 2022: Norwich (1), Newcastle (3), Villa (3), Palace (1)...

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Based on not liking to predict a Brighton win

I was listening to the Football Daily the other day, after Leeds had shat the bed (again) against Chelsea. Talk eventually got to our game and one of the blokes on there was entirely convinced that we'd be too intimidated by Elland Road and it'd be a close run thing.

It might well be. But it won't be because the slack jawed locals have scared us.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
First of a series perhaps, for entertainment only:lolol:

[tweet]1296828003754881026[/tweet]

I saw one guy say it was obvious that Bielsa will still the better manager because he’d managed at more World Cups than Potter… and this was recently too! :lolol:

Pep, Klopp & Sir Alex obviously not a match for Mohammed Al-Kharashi

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I was listening to the Football Daily the other day, after Leeds had shat the bed (again) against Chelsea. Talk eventually got to our game and one of the blokes on there was entirely convinced that we'd be too intimidated by Elland Road and it'd be a close run thing.

It might well be. But it won't be because the slack jawed locals have scared us.

It was former Leeds player Michael Brown. I sensed no criticism of our players. He was just trying to find a reason to have hope because he needs to have hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here