Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Defund the BBC.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This "Defund the BBC" rabble seem to me to be very similar to the Corbynite left. They think they're way more popular than they actually are.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
The free license is only available to those on pension credit. The Tory’s scrapped it for everyone else. So the poorest don’t have to pay. Those that can afford to can pay if they wish to watch the BBC. Your relatives obviously didn’t put enough aside when they had the chance.

Like everyone else, the elderly can opt out of paying. “Why should anyone use a service and not pay for it? Many 75 yr olds are very well off indeed. Boomers. Best off generation this country will ever see.

Nope, once again you are quite wrong, to quote the Director General.

“We are not sending any enforcement letters to older people who previously held a free licence.”

If you are 75 or over you do not need a licence fee……..it’s free, just like it always was.

Your point “Why should anyone use a service and not pay for it?”

Absolutely agree, shouldn’t the 483m or so that access BBC content around the world, (as per your recent post confirmed) pay for it?

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
This "Defund the BBC" rabble seem to me to be very similar to the Corbynite left. They think they're way more popular than they actually are.

And yet if you were as confident as you think about the popularity of the BBC you and the other BBC zealot rabble, would be relaxed about moving to a subscription model that did not criminalise non payers, in particular the poor.

That you’re not speaks volumes……..the opposite of being liberal minded I think.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Nope, once again you are quite wrong, to quote the Director General.

“We are not sending any enforcement letters to older people who previously held a free licence.”

If you are 75 or over you do not need a licence fee……..it’s free, just like it always was.

Your point “Why should anyone use a service and not pay for it?”

Absolutely agree, shouldn’t the 483m or so that access BBC content around the world, (as per your recent post confirmed) pay for it?

No. You’re quite incorrect. No need to apologise.

CB169A14-D75A-4ACE-A47F-E82E3B391211.jpeg

12F371BD-0167-4C54-8F82-39FAAED17A79.jpeg

When you are trying to argue who you think should and shouldn’t be paying for a TV license, it’s wise to know who should and shouldn’t be laying for a TV license. Don’t you agree?

It seems you have completely misunderstood what the DG is saying.

You seriously don’t know that free licenses have been scrapped by the Tory’s? And that the BBC were happy for it to remain free to all over 75’s? Remarkable.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
For those such as [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] who clearly don’t keep up with current affairs

On 10 June 2019, the BBC announced that free licences for all of the over-75s would end and that, from 1 June 2020, a free licence would only be available to people in receipt of Pension Credit. Implementation of the change was delayed until 1 August 2020 because of the Covid-19 pandemic.

So, [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] , you are quite wrong. The Tory Government has ended free TV licenses for over 75’s. Unless certain criteria are met. And the BBC are not prosecuting or chasing payment from over 75’s and have explicitly said they will not take any over 75’s to court until everyone has had a chance to adjust to the Tory’s abolishing free TV licenses for over 75’s not in receipt of pension credits.

Nowhere does he say they’re free to all over 75’s.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/inew...ent-licence-fee-bbc-boss-tim-davie-923079/amp

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Johnson and the other members of The Rotters Club have people convinced there is a surge of anti-left/anti-BBC sentiment in the U.K.
Simply untrue.
They have managed to convince people (a few post on here) that it’s the BBC that are hounding pensioners. When I fact they’re not prosecuting any over 75’s and have stated they never will.
As usual, the usual suspects think it’s the one entity at fault when in fact it is, as usual themselves that are doing the damage and doing it deliberately.
See “immigrants are ruining the economy” for further reading.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Keyboard warrior

Regards
DF

Oh dear. Really?

If you post your racist clap-trap on here, you are going to draw criticism I’m afraid, darling. You court it. I should t feed the troll. But it’s so easy.

Have a fab evening, ya daft racist :)

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
For those such as [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] who clearly don’t keep up with current affairs

On 10 June 2019, the BBC announced that free licences for all of the over-75s would end and that, from 1 June 2020, a free licence would only be available to people in receipt of Pension Credit. Implementation of the change was delayed until 1 August 2020 because of the Covid-19 pandemic.

So, [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] , you are quite wrong. The Tory Government has ended free TV licenses for over 75’s. Unless certain criteria are met. And the BBC are not prosecuting or chasing payment from over 75’s and have explicitly said they will not take any over 75’s to court until everyone has had a chance to adjust to the Tory’s abolishing free TV licenses for over 75’s not in receipt of pension credits.

Nowhere does he say they’re free to all over 75’s.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/inew...ent-licence-fee-bbc-boss-tim-davie-923079/amp

A wise man once said, “rules are for the blind obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men” and you are providing a great practical example of a fool.

The BBC, as you have confirmed, are not pursuing over the 75s that have not paid their licence fee. Therefore if you are over 75, do not qualify for an exemption, there is no need to get a licence fee……because……drum roll…..nothing will happen.

My old man is in his 90s, he’s not paid since the exemption ended, he had a single letter which I responded to and has not heard anything since. This was before the DG said they would not pursue over 75s for non payment.

I shared that email with other relatives and they equally have not had a peep since. So, if they have not paid but are watching BBC, and the BBC are not going to do anything about it……..then the service is evidently free.

It’s taken some time but I’m confident we may finally agree on this “position” now.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
They are when it comes to government contracts Rob.

https://goodlawproject.org/update/computacenter-laptops/

I reckon I can predict what what will happen now……

I will say what you think you know about me and what you are posting is wrong.

I will offer a challenge to you, consisting of charity payment to a charity of our choice. You pay if I prove you wrong, or I pay if I cant. We can get a mod to adjudicate. The challenge needs to be meaningful though……let’s say 5k……you baulked at 8k last time so let’s drop to 5.

You will decline that challenge but continue to post erroneous stuff about me……..let me know if you want to break the cycle?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Johnson and the other members of The Rotters Club have people convinced there is a surge of anti-left/anti-BBC sentiment in the U.K.
Simply untrue.
They have managed to convince people (a few post on here) that it’s the BBC that are hounding pensioners. When I fact they’re not prosecuting any over 75’s and have stated they never will.
As usual, the usual suspects think it’s the one entity at fault when in fact it is, as usual themselves that are doing the damage and doing it deliberately.
See “immigrants are ruining the economy” for further reading.

Because Boris + co are in the pockets of the Murdoch empire, he used to write for the telegraph for 250k which he said was chicken feed. They want to bring down the Beeb cos they don't want a broadcaster to tell the truth about government corruption and incompetence, then they can bring in Fox style news and control the news agenda

All it takes is enough plebs to buy into it, like Brexit, who argue how people should have less, even themselves

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A wise man once said, “rules are for the blind obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men” and you are providing a great practical example of a fool.

The BBC, as you have confirmed, are not pursuing over the 75s that have not paid their licence fee. Therefore if you are over 75, do not qualify for an exemption, there is no need to get a licence fee……because……drum roll…..nothing will happen.

My old man is in his 90s, he’s not paid since the exemption ended, he had a single letter which I responded to and has not heard anything since. This was before the DG said they would not pursue over 75s for non payment.

I shared that email with other relatives and they equally have not had a peep since. So, if they have not paid but are watching BBC, and the BBC are not going to do anything about it……..then the service is evidently free.

It’s taken some time but I’m confident we may finally agree on this “position” now.

So… you got it wrong. Perhaps not be too cocky in the future, eh.

It takes a big man to admit when he’s wrong. That’s not you.

Last edited:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Brilliant, brave journalism, best in the world.

[tweet]1498784728731860995[/tweet]

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Brilliant, brave journalism, best in the world.

[tweet]1498784728731860995[/tweet]

look mate , at the end of the day the west have been provoking Putin for years and this is the result , regardless of a brave journo doing his job the blame for this shyte is widespread and multi faceted.....we can only hope it comes to a conclusion without a major , global shit fight .......china are champing at the bit to get at Taiwan and will be watching very closely.....this is a big worry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here