Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Defoe joins Rangers,not QPR !

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Big Yin not very well according to headlines over here.

Yes, to that I was alluding. Those of us who listen to radio 5 in the UK will have heard him speaking about his frailties yesterday.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Another 3 today to take Rangers to the top, plus one for Goldson

Anyone know how Goldson is getting on there now? Still impressing a lot or has that died down a bit?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
As far as I know, he seems to be getting picked for every match, and never dropped, so I guess he's doing at least OK.

His partner generally rotates - Edmundson and Katic usually. Goldson is the constant in the side, so he must be doing pretty well and they're looking good to push on for the title this season. Celtic have started really well, banging in the goals domestically, but seem to be slowing down a little bit. An Old Firm derby is already set up for the League Cup final. There will be new champions in England, Scotland and Spain this season - and I wouldn't be surprised if Germany and Italy have more of a competition than usual...

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
His partner generally rotates - Edmundson and Katic usually. Goldson is the constant in the side, so he must be doing pretty well and they're looking good to push on for the title this season. Celtic have started really well, banging in the goals domestically, but seem to be slowing down a little bit. An Old Firm derby is already set up for the League Cup final. There will be new champions in England, Scotland and Spain this season - and I wouldn't be surprised if Germany and Italy have more of a competition than usual...
Celtic won the first old firm derby at Ibrox, but have dropped points in the last 2 games, which is why Rangers are top at the moment.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Anyone know how Goldson is getting on there now? Still impressing a lot or has that died down a bit?

Funnily enough, i asked that very question to my cousin today, she's a STH at Ibrox, "he's good, but has a few errors in him" was the reply. 5 minutes later her phone pinged and the text read 2-0 Goldson :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Funnily enough, i asked that very question to my cousin today, she's a STH at Ibrox, "he's good, but has a few errors in him" was the reply. 5 minutes later her phone pinged and the text read 2-0 Goldson :lol:

Sorry mate but not buying this as the question was already answered by BG above :thumbsup:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
CG is playing very well. Only blip was his error for the Celtic goal n the Old Firm match last month. Apart from that it's all thumbs up for Rangers and they look a far better unit this season than last. Big plus today was Jamie Murphy playing his first game for 14 months. Superb to see and credit to the lad!
Great weekend of results only spoiled by West Ham's inability to score against the South London Dross!

TNBA

TTF

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Well obviously she would have to bow to his superior knowledge :thumbsup:

EGHr0s8WwAE_L8j.jpeg

Great to see Jamie Murphy getting footy action, after his injury, even got to see a Rangers legend.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Celtic won the first old firm derby at Ibrox, but have dropped points in the last 2 games, which is why Rangers are top at the moment.

I watched the game, I was really surprised by how good Celtic were that day to be fair. I thought their start in the league was beyond how good they actually were, but they were superb all over the pitch in the Old Firm game. Going down to 10 men today at 0-0 probably hurt them, but they have definitely dropped from the level they were at when they beat Rangers. Long season - but I see Rangers as most likely to win the league.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Goldson has being doing OK but as a right CB has been under pressure because of a right full back (captain) in 'absentia upfield' who thinks he is an AWB (attacking wing back) and who doesn't have to defend !
Connor scored an excellent headed goal today set up by - - - - - - Connor Goldson would you believe and Rangers are tonight top of the SPFL and equal top/bottom on 3 points in Rangers Europa League group.

All things considered he isn't doing too badly !

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I watched the game, I was really surprised by how good Celtic were that day to be fair. I thought their start in the league was beyond how good they actually were, but they were superb all over the pitch in the Old Firm game. Going down to 10 men today at 0-0 probably hurt them, but they have definitely dropped from the level they were at when they beat Rangers. Long season - but I see Rangers as most likely to win the league.

That was one game which IMO Gerrard got wrong with his line up !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here