Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Decent review about us from a Bristol City Fan

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is this a wind up fella ? Bristol City were easily the best team we have seen at the Amex this season and Luke Freeman looks one of the best midfielders in the Championship. They kept us on our toes all night right up until the final whistle, should have had a penalty and could have scored 5. I doubt we will get many tougher games all season and they will end up mid table if not top half

Not a wind up a true assesment of a typical brute force and ignorance Cotterell side.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
EVERY game in the championship is hard, the fact that all 8 wins we have is by the odd goal shows this. The championship is the most competitive league in the country, any team can beat any other team on any said day.

I think it shows more about our inability so far this season to comfortably put games to bed when we are dominating, something that Hughton has mentioned more than once. Last night Hull won by 3 clear goals as did our next opponents Preston, playing away at Charlton.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Having watched the highlights today again I would agree that in my view Bristol should have had a pen but why do players put on such a theatrical fall when they go down? This just made it look like a dive and possibly swayed the ref. I've seen the Albion players do it too and just feel if they fell normally without sticking their arms out in an aeroplane fashion they might get more pens. The reason City failed to get something last night was due to them wasting a couple of guilt edged chances - the most notable being the 1 on 1 with Stockdale - great save but how did he miss?
Pleased to be still getting results although I'm sure we can play much better. Roll on Saturday!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
City were always in the game for the whole 90 minutes they looked a possible threat. I can't see that about any of the other visitors*. Defence was slow though.

*Perhaps Sevilla in the friendly? (They are playing Mank City tonight!)

Quiz question: what other top tier club apart from Mank City (three times) have we scored four goals against?

Newcastle (Brian Wade).

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Ayling was the prat sub at Yeovil giving it all the homophobic gestures whilst warming up on the touchline, if anyone remembers ?

I do...

Ayling impressed again last night, as he has in previous encouters. Also impressive was that two seasons after enraging the Albion's travelling support at Huish Park, with a pathetic homophobic gesture, he has now discovered his feminine side, and proudly supplemented his lovely pony tail, with some fetching pink boots.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I think it shows more about our inability so far this season to comfortably put games to bed when we are dominating, something that Hughton has mentioned more than once. Last night Hull won by 3 clear goals as did our next opponents Preston, playing away at Charlton.

I'd say both of them should be more worried about playing us than we should be about them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I agree with pretty much everything on this thread except BG's typical 'look at me' comment. Only thing I'd say was that he did dive but there was contact. So prob a pen but he didn't help himself by falling theatrically so serves him right. I hate diving.

They were def a good team with one fantastic striker and one shite one. The time wasting has left a sour taste though I must admit. Delighted we won...!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree with pretty much everything on this thread except BG's typical 'look at me' comment. Only thing I'd say was that he did dive but there was contact. So prob a pen but he didn't help himself by falling theatrically so serves him right. I hate diving.

They were def a good team with one fantastic striker and one shite one. The time wasting has left a sour taste though I must admit. Delighted we won...!

You're right about the exaggerated falling down. I've watched the multi-cam highlights on Player, and it cost him.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'm convinced teams raise their game at the Amex wouldn't you if you were a player. I heard this last night people worried about us not scoring 3-4 goals at home. Arsenal won everything in a season with loads of 1-0 wins if we continue winning by the odd goal who cares.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

This Bristol City fan obviously can't remember the play off final in 2004 :facepalm:
Some of their fans think they are a bigger club than they actually are.

They spent a few years in the top flight in 1906-11 and 1976- 80, big deal???
And runners up in the FA Cup final 1909.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex

Only 2 teams in our league have scored more goals than us -Brum and QPR- and that is only 1 more goal. It just shows how tight this league is.

Having said that I did put 4-1 to us in the predictor. I can dream can't I.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/172506-just-back-from-the-game/

That was one crazy game of football. There seems to be a lot of differing views of how the game panned out and what we deserved from it. Here is my take:

Brighton started extremely well, playing a high pressing 4-4-2 with our midfield three being dominated by their two which ultimately resulted in Brighton having a lot of joy down both flanks. From the off it was like an onslaught on our goal and only poor finishing from them kept the game scoreless. Flint was being given a torrid time by Baldock's pace and trickery and Brighton didn't allow our creative players any time on the ball. Freeman was being closed down so quickly when he got it.

They missed a free header, had a few shots wide, smashed one straight at Fielding after we p!ssed around with it at the back and Ayling cleared off the line superbly well.

And then we scored! It was at the other end of the ground but looked like a fantastic volley from Williams. I don't think anyone could believe we had taken the lead. As the half went on we managed to get a little bit more on the ball. Freeman found a tiny bit more space and Bennett was looking quite threatening down the right. Kodjia got more into the game and looked bright every time he got the ball.

We went in at half time not knowing how we were winning.

The second half started in much the same vein and they equalised quite quickly. Flint was still struggling and it looked like his fault for the goal (Again it was at the other end).

But then they sat back a bit, maybe they tired from the constant pressing, I'm not sure. And we started to create chances ourselves. Kodjia smashed one into the bottom corner but was marginally offside. We then should have had a penalty. Stonewall penalty for me. If Freeman doesnt get tripped then he has a free shot at goal from 10 yards out so I don't believe he dived.

Then Kodjia missed the clean through and Wilbraham missed a free header from 10 yards. Both of them should have scored. If either of them goes in then maybe we win the game. Then they go straight up the other end and Zamora scores.

After that we result to long ball after long ball and don't really create anything.

I have heard that Cotterill said we deserved to win. I have briefly read a couple of people on here say we deserved the win. I would say a point at the very most. I don't see how you can create 4 good chances and say we deserved to win when they created 8 or 9. It is true that 90% of their good play came in the first hour but even after that they had a couple of chances.

For me, the Brighton display up until 60 minutes was the best I have seen a team play against us for a few years now.

Just want to finish up by saying that I love this team. I love their spirit and how they throw themselves in front of crosses and shots. I left the ground feeling very proud and hoping that their ability and spirit will be enough in the end.

The link to their forum is well worth a look, Red Dave is clearly not happy on the ' Family football ground ' thread.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Had a quick read of their site tonight and this comment made me laugh " Some interesting comments but I don't agree with Ben's Grandad".

Apologies if fixtures

Would you expect them to agree? I am just grateful that whenever he has applied for the job as our manager Steve Cotterell has never reached the interview stage I dont think. I think Crawley would be about his mark.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here