Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Decent point away

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Away draws are fine if:

a) You mix in the odd away win and
b) You win your home games.

Today's result was OK, it's just the other top sides converted winnable home games. If we do beat Wednesday the play- offs will be in the bag and maybe Hughton will then be a little less cautious.

Cautious ? Hardly. He is doing great and going for it with the team and investment that we have. Two strikers, two wingers and two forward thinking midfield players. Add to that Bruno who spends more time looking forward than back.

I tell you what...he may choose to be less cautious and go for the Premiership job that he will inevitably be offered. Sammi was not cautious and look what happened there. Just be careful what you wish for....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Cautious ? Hardly. He is doing great and going for it with the team and investment that we have. Two strikers, two wingers and two forward thinking midfield players. Add to that Bruno who spends more time looking forward than back.

I tell you what...he may choose to be less cautious and go for the Premiership job that he will inevitably be offered. Sammi was not cautious and look what happened there. Just be careful what you wish for....

stop talking sense....this is the chat of the North:albion2:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Everything about Preston was old school. Including the hoof ball, beat em up cloggers in their team. Unfortunately for us this is our Kryptonite. Knockeart for example has zero desire for a fight as good as he is. Take the point and move on.

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
I think we need just 86 points (ie an average of 2 points per remaining match) to secure promotion. There are still plenty of matches where the top 5 teams have to play each other so lots of points will be dropped.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, decent point in a tricky away game.

Need to really take 9 more points before Easter.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Haven't read all of this thread but my assessment is that I would have taken a point before but really felt Preston were there for the taking today so bit disappointed! Really felt first half they were one of the poorest teams I'd seen this season, we really didn't do enough and there was no way it was 53% possession.

2nd half they came out better and had the best chance of the match.

point is a point but if we want auto we win today. Knocky wasn't great and we lacked a cutting edge and really a plan B in my opinion,

fans were very good.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I thought Dunk was iffy too and Goldson dug him out of a few holes. Skalak's a bit of a headless chicken. I worry that he's not up to the job.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
If, as looks increasingly likely, we are play-off bound then an away point against a side playing the way Preston do is fine. If we aspire to automatic, then we need to win such games.

Going to be a fun May.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Looking at the fixture list at the start of the season I would have looked at newly promoted Preston and said that it would be one to earmark as 3 points. Turns out they've done well this season and have their own play-off aspirations, so it's not a bad result at all.

Autos would be perfect. Play-offs not ideal but I'd have taken that at the start of the season (I can't think of anyone that wouldn't).

First time we had the 'Gus' issue.
Second time we had a decimated defence in the 2nd leg.
This time...we will be more prepared.

We consider how many points we need to get, but apart from Burnley the other teams in the top 6 have shown signs of vulnerability - they WILL drop points in their final games (and hopefully to us).

I don't know how many points we will actually need, but I'm loving being a part of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here