Debate and abuse on NSC

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just reading a few threads on NSC this evening and it strikes me that abuse has, on occasion, reached a new level.

NSC is for discussion, debate and arsing about. All welcome in equal measure of course.

People disagree. It's human nature and happens all the time. Life would be seriously dull if we all agreed all of the time.

If you disagree with someone on NSC, it does not make them a c***, a wanker or a f***ing knobber. They may actually be a c***, a wanker and a f***ing knobber but NSC is not the place to tell them.

If you disagree with someone you have a number of avenues open to you...

1. Present reasoned and well-constructed debate.
2. Ignore them.
3. Add them to your ignore list so you don't even see their posts any more.
4. Report their post to a moderator, if you feel they've over-stepped the mark of decency.

What you don't to is open up with a double-barrelled tirade of abuse. If you do, your posting rights will be rescinded for a period of time. We don't want to do this, but we will.

So please, give a few seconds thought before you post because this is a first and last warning to everyone - outright abuse will not be tolerated and any banning action will not be debated.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
f***ing nobber

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
If you disagree with someone on NSC, it does not make them a c***, a wanker or a f***ing knobber.

It's funny what words deemed neccessary to get sensored and which are typed out in full nowadays

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
and this was posted in 2008!!!

at least people don't call each other c**ts , wankers and f***ing knobbers nowadays mind

we have smilies that can do that , writing died with the noughties

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
and this was posted in 2008!!!

at least people don't call each other c**ts , wankers and f***ing knobbers nowadays mind

we have smilies that can do that , writing died with the noughties

f*** off you ****ish, f***ing knobbing wanker.

:jester:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
f*** off you ****ish, f***ing knobbing wanker.

*ahem* I think it's pronounced

":angry::tosser::tosser: :angry::tantrum::sheep:"

all in text speak.

now f***ing DO ONE you c**t!!

*strings this out for about 8 or 9 posts in the middle of a decent thread*

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
*ahem* I think it's pronounced

":angry::tosser::tosser: :angry::tantrum::sheep:"

all in text speak.

now f***ing DO ONE you c**t!!

*strings this out for about 8 or 9 posts in the middle of a decent thread*

Go :angry: your self you fat :moo:! You make me:sick: like i've just :drink: as if the :amex: just opened! :angry::angry: :rant: :glare:
:wave:

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Just reading a few threads on NSC this evening and it strikes me that abuse has, on occasion, reached a new level.

NSC is for discussion, debate and arsing about. All welcome in equal measure of course.

People disagree. It's human nature and happens all the time. Life would be seriously dull if we all agreed all of the time.

If you disagree with someone on NSC, it does not make them a c***, a wanker or a f***ing knobber. They may actually be a c***, a wanker and a f***ing knobber but NSC is not the place to tell them.

If you disagree with someone you have a number of avenues open to you...

1. Present reasoned and well-constructed debate.
2. Ignore them.
3. Add them to your ignore list so you don't even see their posts any more.
4. Report their post to a moderator, if you feel they've over-stepped the mark of decency.

What you don't to is open up with a double-barrelled tirade of abuse. If you do, your posting rights will be rescinded for a period of time. We don't want to do this, but we will.

So please, give a few seconds thought before you post because this is a first and last warning to everyone - outright abuse will not be tolerated and any banning action will not be debated.
Bozza

Thanks for your "pep-talk" which I hope fellow posters have taken on-board. True today as it was in 2008!

You make a very good point then. It is a shame that the board can't get back to its old ways when posters didn't have there heads up there own ar@es thinking they were so self-important?! And the board was for having a laugh! :laugh:

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
But how do you account for those who deliberately court abuse like WW or TCB for example (and to name but two)
To ignore them is to deny their very purpose which would seem rather harsh, not to say rude.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Bozza

Thanks for your "pep-talk" which I hope fellow posters have taken on-board. True today as it was in 2008!

You make a very good point then. It is a shame that the board can't get back to its old ways when posters didn't have there heads up there own ar@es thinking they were so self-important?! And the board was for having a laugh! :laugh:

When were these good old days? The board is a lot tamer now than it used to be, especially with the likes of Das Reich on long bans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports