Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Death in Paradise, new series.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Never watched this nonsense (apart from S03E07 "The Man with the Golden Gun") but The BBC has confirmed a Death In Paradise spin-off series, Beyond Paradise, which reveals what happened to DI Humphrey Goodman after he left the Caribbean island of Saint Marie.

Can't wait.........................

Well, actually I can. Easily!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've never watched it but it is incredibly popular abroad apparently.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I've never watched it but it is incredibly popular abroad apparently.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

It’s on every day here. More than once…..😂

Over and over again…😂

Bloody love it🏝

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
AGENT The BBC want to know if you'll guest in Death In Paradise?
ACTOR Never heard of it. Is it any good?
AGENT No. It's a mediocre crime-drama filmed in the Carribean.
ACTOR I'll do it

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They ought to mix it up a bit, how about:-

Darth In Paradise.

"Luke there's sand in my boot again".
"Chewwie is it me or is it hot here?"
"Jabba stop playing Reggae, it gets right on my tits".

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
…which reveals what happened to DI Humphrey Goodman after he left the Caribbean island of Saint Marie.

I imagine he gets signed by Newcastle.

They only have to hear the words “so-and-so has left…” and they’ll offer a multi-million pound package…

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Death In Paradise spin-off, Beyond Paradise, is coming soon.

Kris Marshall reprises his role as DI Humphrey Goodman, while he’s joined by Sally Bretton as Martha Lloyd, Zahra Ahmadi as DS Esther Williams, Dylan Llewellyn as PC Kelby Hartford and Felicity Montagu as office support Margo Martins.

Look out for what promises to be a riveting six-part series from Friday 24th February.

chris-pratt-rubbing-hands.gif

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Death In Paradise spin-off, Beyond Paradise, is coming soon.

Kris Marshall reprises his role as DI Humphrey Goodman, while he’s joined by Sally Bretton as Martha Lloyd, Zahra Ahmadi as DS Esther Williams, Dylan Llewellyn as PC Kelby Hartford and Felicity Montagu as office support Margo Martins.

Look out for what promises to be a riveting six-part series from Friday 24th February.

View attachment 156932
Even better news, the BBC has confirmed that filming has commenced on the first Christmas special and second series of Beyond Paradise.

The Christmas special episode and second series will see the return of Kris Marshall as DI Humphrey Goodman, Sally Bretton as Martha Lloyd, Zahra Ahmadi as DS Esther Williams, Dylan Llewellyn as PC Kelby Hartford, Barbara Flynn as Anne Lloyd and Felicity Montagu as Margo Martins.

Filmed in picturesque locations around South-West England in Devon and Cornwall, Shipton Abbott’s new detective inspector will be tasked with solving a shocking crime on a steam train, an arson attack predicted by a medium and the baffling disappearance of the local fishing legend.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Catching up with series 5 on iplayer on commute home, and was watching episode 2 tonight.

British Governor giving farewell speech in opening scenes and when she finishes the band strike up with Sussex By The Sea!

What gives? Is there a connection?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I can’t ever imagine watching a BBC or ITV drama. I’m funny like that.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
A second spin-off, Return To Paradise, has now started production in and around Sydney, Australia.

Taking charge as the franchise’s first lead female detective is Anna Samson as DI Mackenzie Clarke. Unravelling the murder mysteries alongside Anna is the exciting ensemble cast of Lloyd Griffith, Tai Hara, Catherine McClements, Celia Ireland, Andrea Demetriades and Aaron McGrath.

Clarke is an Australian ex-pat who’s made a name for herself in London’s Metropolitan Police for cracking uncrackable murder cases. When she is accused of tampering with evidence, Clarke returns to Australia, back to the last place she ever wanted to be – her hometown of Dolphin Cove. Having fled the town six years ago, infamously leaving her ex- fiancée Glenn (Hara) at the altar, Clarkeis not welcome there.

But with no other job options, and a unique talent for solving a mystery, no matter how challenging, a reluctant ‘Mack’ joins the team at Dolphin Cove Police Station. Once a case lands on her desk, she can’t rest until she’s figured it out, and the killer is in handcuffs. It’s that tenacity and work ethic that might just, over time, help Mack win over her new colleagues, and the people of Dolphin Cove.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Catching up with series 5 on iplayer on commute home, and was watching episode 2 tonight.

British Governor giving farewell speech in opening scenes and when she finishes the band strike up with Sussex By The Sea!

What gives? Is there a connection?
I watched this - they play the whole thing, it's amazing! And totally bizarre at the same time?!

Death in Paradise and Beyond Paradise are proper guilty pleasures of mine, love them both. Not Crodo style, I proper love them! Gutted Ralf is off now after being thoroughly irritated by him at first.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I watched this - they play the whole thing, it's amazing! And totally bizarre at the same time?!

Death in Paradise and Beyond Paradise are proper guilty pleasures of mine, love them both. Not Crodo style, I proper love them! Gutted Ralf is off now after being thoroughly irritated by him at first.
I see you liked my post from 2018 about this - but I have to admit that I have found the last 2 series of DiP really boring and uninspiring. I never really warmed to Neville tbh, and I just found it became a bit...tired. We would still have it on as the wife enjoys it, but they need to do something to freshen it up in the next series to grab my attention again. Much prefer Beyond Paradise with Humph, as its just that little bit different.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Agreed, sunshine and a cheesy detective show, whats not to like. I have enjoyed all the detectives.
I know its a tired format, but i never tire of the show itself.
I also watch all the spin offs. Its probably the only thing i watch on regular TV

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Watched them all, I’ll tell you why, when my boy was about 8 or 9 it was something that all three of us could sit and watch, his first ‘grown up’ programme.

Anyhoo, now he’s 15 he’s more cynical than I ever was but his mother still forces us to all watch it. He just sits there commenting.”this is shit” “they’d never do that in real life” “why don’t the suspects just leap that two foot high fence and leg it?” “So at 3 o’clock in the afternoon in the middle of a murder investigation they’re all going down Cathrines bar to get pissed are they?” ….and so on. While I’m just sitting there giggling to myself while Mrs PWK is doing an impersonation of Phil Mitchell

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Agreed, sunshine and a cheesy detective show, whats not to like. I have enjoyed all the detectives.
I know its a tired format, but i never tire of the show itself.
I also watch all the spin offs. Its probably the only thing i watch on regular TV
Yep, it’s great escapism.

The only thing I didn’t like about this season was it being moved to Sunday’s, it was perfect winter Friday night, wind down and chill out TV! So the other half and I still watch it at 9pm on Friday nights instead on iPlayer!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Had the telly on the other day just as DIP started, tired old format now, poor old Don Warrington is really showing his age and needs to retire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here