Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Mr Capello, please look at our Rugby side...

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
Unbelievable passion from our Rugby Union side...they belt out the national anthem, they wear their heart on their sleeve. Playing for England, especially in a World Cup is the pinnacle of their career.

Why is there such a difference between Rugby and Football? I realise money must be one of the main issues, but surely that only goes so far?

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
If singing the national anthem was that important we would have Take That playing for England, I'd far rather have 11 miserable buggers who don't know the words but know how to win matches

Hmmm right, missing the point! It's the fact that they care enough about expressing their passion about playing for their country.

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
Hmmm right, missing the point! It's the fact that they care enough about expressing their passion about playing for their country.

i don't give a shit if they care about signing that joke of a national anthem, I do care however that anyone that puts a national shirt on gives it on the pitch.
Maybe if the national anthem was hope and glory everyone would sing it with passion

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
Shit players, playing poorly and moaning about the ref. Yep it's very familiar.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
i don't give a shit if they care about signing that joke of a national anthem, I do care however that anyone that puts a national shirt on gives it on the pitch.
Maybe if the national anthem was hope and glory everyone would sing it with passion

f*** Off. There's nothing wrong with the anthem. It's the fact they're paid so much they couldn't give a flying f*** if they didn't win anything. Because THEY are cushty.

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill
the national rugby team have been in the last two rugby world cup finals

winning in 2003 and loosing to SA last time out.

I fear we will never see this from the national football team.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If singing the national anthem was that important we would have Take That playing for England, I'd far rather have 11 miserable buggers who don't know the words but know how to win matches

England players may sing from their hearts, but Ernest talking from his ARS makes far more sense.

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
the national rugby team have been in the last two rugby world cup finals

winning in 2003 and loosing to SA last time out.

I fear we will never see this from the national football team.

To be fair football is a worldwide sport. Rugby has about 5 competitive teams. Makes it easier to reach a final.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Unbelievable passion from our Rugby Union side...they belt out the national anthem, they wear their heart on their sleeve. Playing for England, especially in a World Cup is the pinnacle of their career.

Why is there such a difference between Rugby and Football? I realise money must be one of the main issues, but surely that only goes so far?

Oh god here we go. If belting out that dirge makes you a better footballer then I'm all for it. But it doesn't.

Get hyped up and 'passionate' might help your rugby player to run head long into brick shit houses but it doesn't help a footballer put his foot on the ball and play with some technique.

That's the kind of bravery GUS (glory be) has been preaching these last 2 seasons. Not blood and thunder.

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
Oh god here we go. If belting out that dirge makes you a better footballer then I'm all for it. But it doesn't.

Get hyped up and 'passionate' might help your rugby player to run head long into brick shit houses but it doesn't help a footballer put his foot on the ball and play with some technique.

That's the kind of bravery GUS (glory be) has been preaching these last 2 seasons. Not blood and thunder.

Surely there is absolutely no doubt that if our football side played with more passion we'd be a better side? Pride over money...a real desire to win. I know our rugby side right now are playing poorly! Denying that more passion would not help the side is rubbish.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
If I had to choose between Brighton getting promoted or England winning Euro 2012, I'd pick the former. Most fans would say the same, yet we expect our internationals (mostly from other clubs) to think the opposite.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Dear Mr Capello please look at the England rugby team there f***ing woeful to, and have a manager that does not understand discipline

I think you have to take into account that the National Anthem is a series of WORDS that have to be memorised.

I fear this may be asking a bit much for Messers Terry, Rooney et al.

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
f*** Off. There's nothing wrong with the anthem. It's the fact they're paid so much they couldn't give a flying f*** if they didn't win anything. Because THEY are cushty.

If I played for England in any sport I wouldn't sing a song about someone I couldn't give a shit about passionately, it wouldn't mean I didn't give care about playing for my country though

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The limited success of our national football team has got nothing to do with passion or singing our dreadful national anthem, its because we're not good enough,

I think our football players are equally as passionate about playing for England as the rugby team but they show it in a different way. Singing a song is completely irrelevant

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Games are not won or lost by how much effort players put in to singing their national anthem and it does not indicate the amount of passion and effort they will then put into a game. I'd rather the players channel their efforts into producing when it matters and that is during a game, not before it.

Do you seriously think that players struggle to motivate themselves for major competitions, such as the World Cup? and if they do, do you think that their singing along with the national anthem will make a blind bit of difference

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here