Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Gus

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
You are one of the best managers I have seen at Brighton in my realtively short period of supporting the club.

Howver, before I make the effort to go all the way to Manchester, is there any chance you could assure the fans that we actually give a f*** about this competition? I don't mind if we don't (I actualy do, but that's a whole other topic), but rather than criticise us for being a bit pissed off when we put in another lethargic performance against non-league opposition, perhaps you could just warn us in advance that our money is wasted on entry to another cup replay?

P.S. I love you. But the FA Cup is serious.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Just watched the highlights after watching live yesterday. Our semi reserve team were all over them. Another keeper on top form. On another day that would be a 3 or 4 -1.

Keep the faith the fringe players are getting a good run out. Replay - FCUM 0 - 4 BHA

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
You are one of the best managers I have seen at Brighton in my realtively short period of supporting the club.

Howver, before I make the effort to go all the way to Manchester, is there any chance you could assure the fans that we actually give a f*** about this competition? I don't mind if we don't (I actualy do, but that's a whole other topic), but rather than criticise us for being a bit pissed off when we put in another lethargic performance against non-league opposition, perhaps you could just warn us in advance that our money is wasted on entry to another cup replay?

:facepalm:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Just watched the highlights after watching live yesterday. Our semi reserve team were all over them. Another keeper on top form. On another day that would be a 3 or 4 -1.

Keep the faith the fringe players are getting a good run out. Replay - FCUM 0 - 4 BHA

I agree with the first part and we should have had at least 4 before they scored. They won't be a walkover though and the fact their goalie said they had researched our penalties against Woking said it all and how our players all kicked to the right except one lad. They have a do or die attitude so it will be another hard fought game - we need to score early to gain confidence and keep them on the run.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gus has been a manager for a year, he makes mistakes, it's to be expected. What is f***ing annoying to me is that it seems he won't admit it and neither will too many sycophants who seem to think he walks on water. Yes he is f***ing good, we are lucky to have him but can we have a balance between fingers down the throat, sick making, hero worship and the booing of the team?

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I don't see what that is for, he isn't above criticism and the Thread Starter has a point.

Are you and the op sniffing glue or something?

Define "relatively short period time supporting this club" first and foremost before dribbling on from one sentence to another. In answer to the op's other "questions" EVERYONE knows gus's view of cup games this season and that he has ALREADY said he's planning on putting the reserves out for the replay.

:facepalm::facepalm:

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Gus has already said at the moment it looks like he will be fielding the reserves against FCUM away. To be honest, the way we're playing in the cup, coupled with the team's "cup mentality", I just want to be out already. FFS Gus if you don't care about it that much throw the game and concentrate on the league. In fact, just forfeit.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Its not a case of taking the cup seriously or not.
The league is the priority this season, In an ideal world we'll be playing championship football at Falmer & i don't think any one will be crying on about a poor cup run if that happens.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

a) He has already said he doesn't care about it
b) Watching the game on t'internet we did not play badly, and it could have been a very different result
c) I'd be a bit miffed, if I was him, with fans like ours complaining at the position we're in, playing the football we're playing most of the time - he'll be off sooner rather than later.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
People need to get some perspective. It's quite obvious that Gus is concentrating on the league by playing a second string team. That said we didn't actually play that badly yesterday. Every season non-league teams raise their game when they get drawn against a league team. So we've struggled against two non-league teams - big bloody deal.

All these doom and gloom merchants either need to go and support the Chelseas of the world or shut up and get behind the team and Gus.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Much as I would like the opportunity for a good cup run and the chance to stuff some fatcat premiershit side (Mancester City anyone?), we are not going to win the FA cup or get much further than the 4th round, assuming we get that far. I am more concerned about the fact that the "fringe" team is struggling against non-league outfits who they should be able to brush aside without much trouble. If they can't do that, what chance do they have if they get into the first team because of injuries and suspensions in the first choice XI. Strength in depth does not appear to be there on current evidence.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
All this talk about how easily we should be beating Woking and FCUM easily is starting to sound arrogant like our friends down the road where we played on Tuesday, its the FA cup get a f***ing grip people!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I bet he will take it serious if draw his beloved Chelsea at Stamford Bridge this afternoon. You will see a strong side in the replay then.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
In the long term giving the 2nd string competitive games against do or die non league teams might benefit us when injuries mean we have to play some of them in big matches later in the season. It's all experience of playing the Gus way :shrug:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I bet he will take it serious if draw his beloved Chelsea at Stamford Bridge this afternoon. You will see a strong side in the replay then.

Gonna be Scunthorpe away..

patcham lad

Nov 27, 2009
gus has given some of our reserve players a chance to show what they are capable off. as yet they are not up to the challenge which is a bit of a shame for the club and themselves.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
All this talk about how easily we should be beating Woking and FCUM easily is starting to sound arrogant like our friends down the road where we played on Tuesday, its the FA cup get a f***ing grip people!

We should have beaten Woking easily over two legs.. We didn't.

We should beat FCUM easily over two legs. We won't. We'll scrape through most likely, but once again it won't be pretty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here