Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Fantasists

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I was at the game - and there was no fix. It is a fallacy perpetuated by people who prefer myth over fact. Why would SFC deliberately throw away the chance of being champions when they were already promoted anyway?

Well, I wasn't there, but I watched MoTD... there was enough evidence on that show for me to confidently pronounce that it was a fix (and how convenient for both sides that result was)...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Go on the BBC click Sport Click League 1 and look at the table.
It's been like that for over 200 days...
We are better than you! And will be even if you beat us 20-0!

Yes! And some Stains (including Adkins) just can't accept that we are the best team in L1 this season...

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Yes! And some Stains (including Adkins) just can't accept that we are the best team in L1 this season...

Exactly. I've been called arrogant by Southampton fans who've been giving it large all season about how they would piss it, and now we have pissed it, the bitterness from them is extraordinary.

For example, one said "Obviously we are the best team in the league, as we have five players in the PFA Team of the Year and you only have three!"

I replied with "Look at the league table, it never lies"

"You're just building yourself up for a fall, all this arrogance...when we finish above you next season...grow up and stop being so childish"

The irony in that statement made me crack up. "We can't fall mate, we are top" was my reply...to which he had no answer.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Exactly. I've been called arrogant by Southampton fans who've been giving it large all season about how they would piss it, and now we have pissed it, the bitterness from them is extraordinary.

For example, one said "Obviously we are the best team in the league, as we have five players in the PFA Team of the Year and you only have three!"

I replied with "Look at the league table, it never lies"

"You're just building yourself up for a fall, all this arrogance...when we finish above you next season...grow up and stop being so childish"

The irony in that statement made me crack up. "We can't fall mate, we are top" was my reply...to which he had no answer.

Much as I appreciate a trip to St Mary's is more convenient than one to Hudds or even Posh, I would much prefer one of the latter next season... just to see the arrogant SCC chairman, manager and, yes, fans get their just deserts...

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
Well, I wasn't there, but I watched MoTD... there was enough evidence on that show for me to confidently pronounce that it was a fix (and how convenient for both sides that result was)...
30+ years of bitterness based on MOTD highlights, whilst studiously ignoring the fact that saints had nothing to gain from a draw. LOL. You couldn't make that up :)

I've got to say, after the last few weeks obsessive threads about Southampton, the blokes got a point. Adkins said something arrogant that misfired, whoopy-do for us. End of story. Hammond isn't a bellend, he was gutted to be forced out by Knight.
Frankly anyone posting comments on their local paper's website has too much time on their hands and is making the rest of us look like cocks.
Southampton aren't rivals of ours, never have been, never will be. We have bigger fish to fry now, they have another year in League One to look forward to.

Social Sausage

Apr 17, 2011
What, having trouble getting your end away in Southampton ?

Have you tried to get your end away in Southampton? Unless you are one of the aforementioned knuckle-dragger/pretty boy you'll struggle. You've got to have the attitude to go with the stupidity ;)

Seriously though, no, I just love the place - well, in particular Chiang Mai (no, not Pattaya, that was revolting; more revolting than Portsmouth, in fact...).

Just read some of the local rag's comments and it's embarrassing what some of the fans have said on there. However, a fairer yardstick would be to speak to people on SaintsWeb or actually at the game on Saturday... like I said, we're not all that bad.

Heard about the TalkSport guy too... embarrassing but like alluded to on here, by no means a fair representation of our fanbase.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here