Dean White

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Dean White good enough to be albion assistant manager?

• Total voters

GDC

In A Checked Shirt
Nov 7, 2006
On A Train
Is the tv salesman really good enough to be adams assistant manager?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have voted out purely on what I have seen and heard him saying at reserve matches. What he does in training, like others, I do not know but his pedigree isnt very good or inspiring.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
:annoyed:
Not again.....Micky brought him here so must have faith in him....lets leave it at that
As for pedigree...does that matter....he was at Chelsea Millwall and Gillingham...he has good contacts in the game...and as said many times before...we dont know what his real input is ...cant be that bad as he has been here for sometime despite the noddys on here trying to hound him out

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I have voted out purely on what I have seen and heard him saying at reserve matches. What he does in training, like others, I do not know but his pedigree isnt very good or inspiring.

The whole notion of needing some sort of pedigree is absolute rubbish. John Barnes as a player has a fantastic pedigree but I wouldn't want him anywhere near us in a coaching role.

Sven and Mourinho, two of the biggest names in management had no playing pedigree what so ever with only lower league football to their names as pro's (rather like Dean White). They worked their way up from assistant roles in lower league football, and then, in Mourinho's case, he became Bobby Robsons translator at Porto, Sporting and Barca. After Robson left he stayed on at Barca and getting involved in and taking some training sessions then became manager their B team. I am sure Barca fans were delighted that a former translator, with no pedigree, was now effectively their reserve team manager and look what happened from there.

I am not suggesting that Dean White is as anywhere near as good or going to be as good as either of those two, but as we don't really see what he does day to day then we can't really judge him. Plus Adams could have got rid of him and got his mate Booker back as his assistant but he hasn't. Adams brought Dean White to the club in the first place and I'll trust his judgement on White's ability to be his assistant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports