Dean Hammond

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Hammond is the weak link in this team.. His lack of pace is ridiculous. watching him run is painful. He lost the ball so many times and gave it away today. I honestly don't see what he gives us that Dicker or any of the other midfielder does? . His initial instinct is to pass it sideways or backwards all the time..

Stick in Vicente instead of him and this team is going places.. Ulloa looks absolutely awesome up front. Can't wait till he is fit enough for 90 mins. (got so tired at 70 and Poyet made the right shout (IMO))

All in all a positive performance, but please can we get rid of Hammond, he really is poor.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Absolute load of rubbish, we look much stronger with him in the team and he won the ball back on several occasions, his passing can be frustrating at times but he really helps out Bridders when we're under siege.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Huh?

I thought he played well today, especially in the first half.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Absolute load of rubbish, we look much stronger with him in the team and he won the ball back on several occasions, his passing can be frustrating at times but he really helps out Bridders when we're under siege.

Definitely this

Dec 29, 2011
He was fantastic today, bossed the midfield for large parts of the game. Usually he's shit, but he totally stepped up to the mark and was pushing for MOM.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
the beauty of opinions... I thought he was utter gash the whole game. Have nothing against him with all the move back etc, I just think he is so slow in getting around the pitch, can't see more than a 3 yard pass and adds nothing to our team that sparrow (When he was here) Crofts or Dicker could add.

Mungo_Jerry

Sep 27, 2011
Hammond is the weak link in this team.. His lack of pace is ridiculous. watching him run is painful. He lost the ball so many times and gave it away today. I honestly don't see what he gives us that Dicker or any of the other midfielder does? . His initial instinct is to pass it sideways or backwards all the time..

Stick in Vicente instead of him and this team is going places.. Ulloa looks absolutely awesome up front. Can't wait till he is fit enough for 90 mins. (got so tired at 70 and Poyet made the right shout (IMO))

All in all a positive performance, but please can we get rid of Hammond, he really is poor.

Maybe I was at a different match today but he was my MOM for the first hour.

Pole in Goal

Aug 14, 2012
BN1
I can't be bothered to talk about Hammond because basically, I disagree. But Ulloa not match fit? He looked gutted to be subbed - I don't see why he wouldn't be able to play the 90

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Agree he was good first half but I thought he looked lost in the second.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Thought Hammond had a great game. Wrong decision to bring Dicker on though when you have Orlandi and Vicente sitting there. Moving Spanish Dave back to right back meant we lost a bit of flair in the midfield. Dicker was the wrong decision for me, with Bridcutt and Hammond already on the park.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I have to side with those who thought Hammond was great. But Ulloa looked very tired towards the end so he had to go. It was some debut though!

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Not the long term answer for me. This Albion team is too good for him. Hope we don't keep him. Bridders immense today. I would have picked Orlandi to play in the middle instead of Hammond (save Vicente for the league). Hammond is way too crab like in his style. Reminds me of the old Albion of League 1 & 2 days. Doesn't fit in our team or system anymore IMHO.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Is the OP on drugs?? Or perhaps his football knowledge is lacking. Hammond was well worth his place in the starting line up today

D

Deleted member 2719

Hammond had a good game, do you wear very thick glasses.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I also thought Hammond was excellent. Perhaps the OP had imbibed too generously before the match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports