Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Cox

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yep, remember that 2-0 win at theirs very well. Bobby and Brooker scored IIRC and we packed out the away end.

T'was a great day, and wonderful toilets if I recall ..... not!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
He can play in the National League, could probably get higher wages at Eastleigh than Orient!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Does the transfer window extend to Cyprus. If not the standard generally there is quite low so he would be able to join a reasonable club and have a decent standard of living in the meantime.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Does the transfer window extend to Cyprus. If not the standard generally there is quite low so he would be able to join a reasonable club and have a decent standard of living in the meantime.

The window for Cyprus closed at the same time as the one in England. However it depends on what their league rules are regarding free agents, they differ from country to country.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Cyprus is shut. As is most of Europe.

Without trawling through the entire list, Romania is open to the 5th, and Portugal is open until 22nd Sept though.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was a 4-4 draw.

Yup 4-4: I was there on the East terracing..

An O's fan has posted me this notice:

"Winger Dean Cox has left League Two side Leyton Orient after his contract was terminated by mutual consent.

The 29-year-old has scored 59 goals in 275 appearances for the O's, with five of those games coming this campaign.

But last term he suffered a season-ending injury in November and it was reported the O's were willing to sell him in the transfer window.

A statement said: "We'd like to thank Dean for his service to the club and wish him all the best in the future."

Seems a strange way to wish him well, by effectively preventing him playing football for 3 months at a reasonable level..

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Message body

"Hess; “-As far as I’m concerned and what I was told, Dean was offered a deal at Northampton Town and he agreed that. The club agreed to give him a free transfer and let him go because at the end of the day he’s been an absolute top servant for the club. As far as I was concerned it was all happening and he was going to Northampton. I spoke to him on the Tuesday night and he said he was going. Unfortunately it didn’t materialise and he’s left the club, but I don’t think we need to talk any more about it.

Northampton Manager quite openly blamed Coxys agent & deano himself in an interview posted somewhere else & it was completely ignored ."

Cox should have been on the box on Sunday, but now presumably will have to wait until the New Year. If the Cobblers are still interested that is.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Surely if they have released him as stated on here that means they have also de registered him. Didnt he tweet that the highest level he could play was Whitehawk so to play for them he must be a free agent.

I don't think that one has happened always means that the other has as well.

Didn't everyone's favourite moron/proper legend innit Leon Knight have a situation where he was released by an English club but they held his registration for the length of the original contract due to...I don't know, attitude problems (probably) or something?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't think that one has happened always means that the other has as well.

Didn't everyone's favourite moron/proper legend innit Leon Knight have a situation where he was released by an English club but they held his registration for the length of the original contract due to...I don't know, attitude problems (probably) or something?

Rushden and Diamonds cancelled his contract, and then blocked his move to Darlington by holding on to his registration. They also reclaimed 2 Mercedes cars from him and then reported them to the police as being stolen :lolol:

I'm sure Leon was entirely innocent of all wrongdoings though, model pro that he was.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Rushden and Diamonds cancelled his contract, and then blocked his move to Darlington by holding on to his registration. They also reclaimed 2 Mercedes cars from him and then reported them to the police as being stolen [emoji38]ol:

I'm sure Leon was entirely innocent of all wrongdoings though, model pro that he was.

That's the one! For some reason I thought it was Dagenham & Redbridge but (wisely) wasn't confident enough to say so.

Clearly it was a case of unfair treatment by people that just didn't appreciate the individuality Leon expressed throughout his career. Obviously. Yep.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Didn't he want us thrown out of the league, or is that just an urban myth?

"The security was appalling. This is a very sad day for Brighton and it could be the death knell for them.We simply can't condone what the Brighton fans did and we will protest."

- Hearn

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Rushden and Diamonds cancelled his contract, and then blocked his move to Darlington by holding on to his registration. They also reclaimed 2 Mercedes cars from him and then reported them to the police as being stolen :lolol:

Brilliant! I'd forgotten about that one. What a complete helmet that man is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here