Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Cox......

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
....... In the players area of the pub yesterday, before the game, talking about his loan move to Millwall as of Monday. :ohmy:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Yes, I heard this Friday from a vg source so wasn't suprised when he didn't make the bench. He played well up there at the start of the season. If he's (not) being picked behind Carole you can't blame him for looking elsewhere
PG

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
He's good enough for Millwall but not for us? Makes you wonder whether Poyet knows what the f**k he is doing although it pains me to say it. Can we send Poyet out on loan?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He was looking very fed up after the game in the hostility hut. Wouldn't engage in conversation with anyone, just stood watching the results coming in, by himself. Be a shame if he went, how many of the "Albion Babes" are there left?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Be a shame if he went, how many of the "Albion Babes" are there left?

Too few. Without wishing to turn this into another thread about the sacking of Wilkins, you can trace the loss of our homegrown players back to that moment, and despite all the criticism and "not good enough" stuff thrown at various youth talent as they came through, it did also coincide with us swapping edge of the play-offs for edge of relegation.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Its a shame really cause they all moved on to so much better things.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Its a shame really cause they all moved on to so much better things.

Exactly! Jakey's just a bench warmer at Shrewsbury FFS

If Cox had shown any sort of consistency over the last 2 years then he would be a key player but if we want to be progressive then he's not what we need so if he goes to Millwall good luck to him but he'll never be a Championship player. If Millwall go up they'll discard him and he'll end up with a Wycombe or Aldershot level team.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hope he doesn't go but Poyet clearly doesn't rate him. At the moment with Carole it is like having 10 men when he plays so bizarre if Cox does go.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Too few. Without wishing to turn this into another thread about the sacking of Wilkins, you can trace the loss of our homegrown players back to that moment, and despite all the criticism and "not good enough" stuff thrown at various youth talent as they came through, it did also coincide with us swapping edge of the play-offs for edge of relegation.

You idiot. It is a well-known fact, that:

We were shit in Wilkins last season
We didn't really deserve 7th place
We over-achieved (surely thats a good thing though??)
We only came 7th because we won our last 3 games (the 43 games preceding that don't count apparently)
Papered over the cracks

Bullshit, bullshit etc etc

Repeat ad nauseum.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
I will be seriously pissed off if this is true. He has not been given much of a chance under Poyet, and it is a joke that Carole is ahead of him in the squad. IMO he is a much better option than playing Dicker on the left. I'm beginning to think that Gus has lost the plot.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
You idiot. It is a well-known fact, that:

We were shit in Wilkins last season
We didn't really deserve 7th place
We over-achieved (surely thats a good thing though??)
We only came 7th because we won our last 3 games (the 43 games preceding that don't count apparently)
Papered over the cracks

Bullshit, bullshit etc etc

Repeat ad nauseum.

:lolol:

You forgot the bit about how this division become so much tougher from the moment that season ended. Rather than us just becoming so much weaker for some reason.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
:lolol:

You forgot the bit about how this division become so much tougher from the moment that season ended. Rather than us just becoming so much weaker for some reason.

Oh yeah, forgot that. That Nottingham Forest lot were f***ing shit weren't they? I mean, what have that two-bit club ever won in their history? The division is now so strong that GIANTS such as COLCHESTER are in lowly 4th position.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I will be seriously pissed off if this is true. He has not been given much of a chance under Poyet, and it is a joke that Carole is ahead of him in the squad. IMO he is a much better option than playing Dicker on the left. I'm beginning to think that Gus has lost the plot.

How many more chances does he need-under Poyet or not? He has some ability ( a lot more than I had) but continually fails to take the chances offered him. If he was going to make it he'd have done it by now.

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
Really hope this isn't true, not a massive fan of Cox but how he can't get ahead of Carole in the team i don't know, would much prefer Cox coming on for the last 15 - 20 minutes than Carole.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
How many more chances does he need-under Poyet or not? He has some ability ( a lot more than I had) but continually fails to take the chances offered him. If he was going to make it he'd have done it by now.

He was quality against Southampton at St. Mary's, and since then he has started just 3 league games because of Poyet's strange lop-sided midfield. He always looks lively when he comes on, but only gets 20 mins if lucky. When Lualua goes back we will have the choice of playing a centre mid on the left or (god forbid) Seb Carole. Two of my Villa fan mates saw him come on at Villa Park and said he looked quality and couldn't understand why he didnt start.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I will be seriously pissed off if this is true. He has not been given much of a chance under Poyet, and it is a joke that Carole is ahead of him in the squad. IMO he is a much better option than playing Dicker on the left.
Don't worry, I'm sure Gus is looking for an exit strategy for Dicker.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'm not trying to infer anything here but, if there a tendency emerging from Gus to favour overseas players?

McNulty losing out to Painter
Whing losing out to Calderon
Cox losing out to Carole
Forster losing out to LuaLua ? mabe not so clear-cut this one

These are the most recent ones, are there others earlier in Gus's reign I've overlooked

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here