[Football] Dean Cox confirmed as a Crawley Town player

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
How’s he getting on at Eastbourne?

I popped down to Eastbourne in November to visit the folks, I took my Dad who has Parkinsons to Eastbourne Borough as he cant go much these days.
Dean was playing and although he did not get as much of the ball as he would have liked, when he did, he was head and shoulders (well not literally) above any other player on the pitch.
They love him down there.
More Brighton fans than Eastbourne fans there it seemed.
It took me about an hour to get dad to his seat as he is so bad on his feet but as we were behind the dug outs, the manager who was busy with the players pre match turned round and said " hello Ray, you're playing up front today"
Sometimes i miss lower league football.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Went to the testimonial he organised for an Eastbourne stalwart recently and Coxy looked really good. I'd be surprised if he does not continue his career, still got something to offer.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Will surely link up with Jake Robinson again?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
At only 33 he should still have plenty of football left in him, particularly at non-league level.

I wonder where he wil resurface?

Non-League football is a huge challenge to older players used to playing at a higher level. Many ex-pros with great reputations have tried it and come up short. They have to be incredibly motivated, still massively in love with the the game to make it work. Down to the player, but many do seem to think it will be a 'nice step down'.

Eastbourne and many other non-league clubs may well be hitting some serious budget constrictions as well. I have no idea why they've parted company, but I don't think many clubs will have too much money to splash round and a huge amount of belt tightening will be going on this summer.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
Coxy has gone to Worthing.
He was only playing 60 mins at Boro last season so a drop down is what he needs.
Lovely bloke and family man

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
He was only playing 60 mins at Boro last season so a drop down is what he needs.

was just going to say, I'd love to see him at Worthing- is it official?

great signing

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Makes sense - Adam Hinshelwood is three years older than him (in footballing terms), but having both come through the Albion youth system, I reckon they first played together 18 years ago! :ohmy:

December 2003 in a reserve game against Southend - December 11: Marney's double sinks Shrimpers

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

banner_cox.jpg
Where's your.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports