Deals for Real Ale Drinkers

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
It may be worth your while to drive up to The Dark Star Brewery and cut out the middle man. They don't say it on the web site but, there is a small shop on site and you can buy a small gassed up can ( like a small Party 7 ) about 4 pints quite cheaply. They usually can do at least 4 varying brews. So you could have a nice bitter, a winter ale or an APA... simples

Dark Star Brewing Co | We like beer

How long do they keep? If im buying for xmas day i want to get something i can pick up earlier than xmas eve

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How long do they keep? If im buying for xmas day i want to get something i can pick up earlier than xmas eve

I'm pretty sure if you bought some midweek and kept it in the fridge it would last 4-6 days. Mind you, never had any left by 4-6 days so it's an educated guess.

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324122094.422745.jpg

From the Nell Gwynn pub in London.

Jul 15, 2011
Lewwwwwwes
I'm pretty sure if you bought some midweek and kept it in the fridge it would last 4-6 days. Mind you, never had any left by 4-6 days so it's an educated guess.

Dark Star have 9 pint metal mini kegs with a plastic air release valve and a tap that pulls out for pouring. There are meant to last up to 2 weeks but unfortunately I've only managed to make mine last 2 - 3 days because i love beer me.

Great selection at Dark Star's shop at the moment, last night i brought home American pale Ale, 6 hopped ale, Oktoberfest and Critical Mass.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Dark Star have 9 pint metal mini kegs with a plastic air release valve and a tap that pulls out for pouring. There are meant to last up to 2 weeks but unfortunately I've only managed to make mine last 2 - 3 days because i love beer me.

Great selection at Dark Star's shop at the moment, last night i brought home American pale Ale, 6 hopped ale, Oktoberfest and Critical Mass.

OOOH.. 9 pints of Festival would be great for me.....might have a spin up there midweek and buy one for keeping and one for now:thumbsup:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
As a Californian, the availability of Sierra Nevada in England was quite a nice surprise

I wish there were more American beers available over here. They make some really good stuff.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Don't see the point of being a Real Ale snob towards to someone, surely you know what you like better than anyone else?

Too right it's all down to personal taste, It would'nt be so bad if half the real ale snobs were actually drinking real ale rather than just bottled ale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports